Wyze Cam Outdoor Time Lapse: how to make it work for 12 hour time lapse?

I also have not been able to get a 12 hour time lapse to work, but I’ve only tried 12-hour night-time time lapses which I guess would drain the battery if the IR light is on.

Was your attempt a daytime 12-hour time lapse (no IR light)? Did you exit Travel Mode? Staying in Travel Mode will drain your battery to zero.

Thanks for submit your log to us. based on your log, we did identify a bug, where if you set the start time to “future” and the interval is longer than 60 sec, it will fail to do the time lapse. This bug was introduced when we try to optimize battery usage for time lapse with longer interval. We’ll fix this in the new firmware build ( we have 2 version of firmware in alpha and beta. the fix will be the next ).

2 Likes

Thanks for your help and glad you can fix it!

Did some testing with 5 minute time lapse, 15 second interval, normal mode (i.e. not travel mode)
With Start Time = Now, I was able to get it to work 5 times
With Start Time in the future (by 3 minutes), it failed every time (4 times)

Note - I have not updated to the base station FW that came out in the past couple of days… I am on v4.16.0155

To get a better response from Wyze, you might want to create a new post to describe your issue, since this post is about trying to do 12 hour time lapses.

New firmware will address a bug that essentially created a ‘null’ action if the future time was more than 60 minutes

I was able to successfully create a 6-hour time lapse, using 30 sec intervals. The time lapse covered 2 hours of daylight and 4 hours of darkness (IR lights on). Battery went from 100% to 48%. If I wanted the battery to last longer, I could have set the IR lights to Off, but I like illuminating the foreground at night, and I will need the IR lights for the next buds on my night blooming cactus, which flowers only at night, and each flower only lasts for that one night and then the flower closes up in the morning.

Just to be safe, until the new firmware is released, I am only setting the time lapses to start “Now”, and not scheduling them for a future time.

1 Like

I saw the scheduling problem with 5 minute durations

Agreed… I opened a support ticket earlier this week, but figured I’d chime in here as well while I wait for them to get back on my help ticket.