WYZE Cam OUTDOOR Is G A R B A G E!

Must resist replying… :laughing:

I’m truly happy that you are satisfied with your cam. For the purpose of streaming sunsets, whats wrong with just looking out the window?

1 Like

The view is probably better from the roof? I can’t see any sunrises or sunsets from any of my windows.

I have a feeling there will be WCO v2 down the road. Just like how they improved the WC v1.

I hate to say anything negative about Wyze and still promote all products minus the new outdoor cam and one of my Pan Tilts I got not long ago that still wont read the barcode off any phone or screen for that matter. The outdoor cam is great with its 8 infrareds but it doesnt record anything and the base station records even less than the nothing on the cam. Whats the deal with this? also, Nobody cares about timelapse on vacation mode. I can use an old phone for that and it will be better quality. I got into wyze for monitoring and surveillance so what the heck? Im sure a firmware update can fix these issues and im sure im not the only one from the 3-4 posts I read before this.

Let me know,

thanks,
Sean Miller

First they do not promote their cameras as “security” cameras.
When mine arrived, I hooked it up and it was great. Yes I’d love to be able to record more than 12 seconds. Yes it would kill the battery but if I choose to do that I would simply charge it more often. I have not had a problem detecting motion. My Ring sucks, it doesn’t detect anyone until they are walking away. And you can’t go scroll back on theirs either. Glad it was a gift because I’d be really upset if I paid for a Ring security camera that didn’t work. Wyze are great cheap products. If yours are not working properly contact customer support and they will make it right.

1 Like

As soon as I heard the WCO will be battery powered I knew it would be a failure. Battery powered eliminates the camera’s ability to continuously record, which means it begins to record when it is triggered. The powered V2 is always recording in the background so an event causes the saved recording to include the past few seconds prior to a triggered event. Battery powered is simply stupid. All we wanted was for Wyze to make the V2 water proof! Nothing more! But instead they came up with this battery BS and touted for months how hard it was to get it functional with such a tiny battery. Wyze, listen to us next time. Make a V2 waterproof, that’s it.

I recommend just putting the v2 in a case and keepOmg it covered. Mine has been working great outside for months.

1 Like

Your information is not completely correct and is rather presumptuous that us users don’t know more than you. Most people complaining about the WCO simply expected an outdoor V2, not this battery powered device with all the recording/streaming restrictions. I realize getting power outdoors is not always easy, but it is reliable once done. It is the continuous recording in the background of the V2 which makes it solid. Even if your WiFi is iffy, it will eventually get the video clip to the cloud since it remains on the device. The WCO does not have continuous background recording and therefore cannot captor a complete event. That is why the WCO sucks so bad. It doesn’t matter how crappy the WiFi is, WCO will never be useful with the battery constraints.

Yes, that is what I do also, I just thought Wyze could do a better job of weatherproofing the V2 then us slapping together these 3rd party covers. But thanks for bringing it up.

Let’s add to the list. Why does the indoor V2 camera captures our motion detection light and the outdoor camera cannot… two SD cards .28GB used on the camera 16 GB used at the base. You think they would be the same.

Actually, its not that bad. I ordered 3 in the early launch. Maybe I’m less disappointed because when I ordered I already expected the motion sensing to not be like the Wyzecams already. I never did appreciated that the base station needed to be connected by ethernet and since I’m using a Google Nest Mesh router that meant I had to get a switch to be sure I have enough ethernet ports. I’m not saying WCO is “slice bread” but I am saying its not too bad. The Base station is located in my garage and the 3 WCO is about 250 feet away in my backyard and it still shows one bar signal strength. The battery is at 50% after 4 days of very frequent recording since I last charged them. Again, the sensors are not as great as the wyzecams, but thats expected as it was designed as a sacrifice for battery power conservation. I’ll say the $30 is worth the bang! That said, the V2 in an outdoor housing seems to work great too when you can provide it a powersupply. In my earlier trials with V2 I had plugged it the usb port of a solar charged backup battery, so that worked for me as an outdoor camera. Anyways, that should be a different post, but I still have confidence in the Wyze Team to improve upon the WCO. Lets get to WORK! :smile:

the WCO uses a different motion detection technology as a sacrafice to conserve battery power. this was explained in the product launched video. lol…

200 feet is my current range. Still showing 1 bar signal strength.

I too am very disappointed in this product. I feel like I handed out $60 just to be laughed at. My camera effectively is useless at night. Picks things up during the day, but nothing at night. Tweaked settings and started leaving my flood lights on as well in an effort to help the device pick up motion. Still nothing. Called Wyze asking for support thinking mine was a dud too. They wouldn’t help. Requested a refund and now Wyze is dragging their feet on processing that, even though they told me my request is “approved”. Thoroughly disgusted with the lack of support from Wyze. I was excited to try this out, but found this to be something that doesn’t work. I don’t know what to think about this now. Stuck with a worthless $60 cube.

Hi @dave_rosenbaum, Try contacting Gwendolyn with your customer support ticket number. Seems to want to help out with the lost and ignored.

Me too :thinking:

1 Like

Hi @michaelp1 Try contacting @UserCustomerGwen with your customer support ticket number. Seems to be versed in Customer Service and loves cats. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @wallen4319, Try contacting @UserCustomerGwen Customer Service. Wyze will send RMA number with prepaid shipping label :smiley:. Will credit your account (less $9.99 inital ship cost) in 5 biz days after receiving at Wyze Labs. :camera:

Well stated. Until it can record something more than 12 seconds, this is a child’s toy. While mine does trigger the motion, if someone triggers it walking up my driveway, in 12 seconds the recording is over and whatever they are going to do to the car I have parked in the driveway at night is going to fall within the cool down period. I’ve captured nothing. The camera is worthless to me.

2 Likes

@skiptio That is unfortunate. I’ve tried the Outdoor Cam but couldn’t get a good signal without relocating the base unit, a long Cat5 run. The battery charged to 100% but died within 12-16 hours. Really wanted it to work for something. Couldn’t find a practical use for this thing and sent it packing.

Also very disappointed. Mine just will not work. I posted an email to the support address and the reply I got back was useless and sent from an address that does not receive replies! They are hiding. Adding to the waste of money on the WCO I went out and bought two $10 micro SD cards for cam and base hoping that it might make a difference. No change. More wasted $$. I hope they made enough money to retire as I have purchased my last WYZE product unless this one is some how rescued from the trash heap.
Dave…