Wyze Cam OG - Released 1/17/2023

I bought one to try out. No current need for an additional camera, but I’m curious about the new software platform and chipset. I thought about the 2 pack at first, but with the history of some new product releases falling a little short in actual use, starting with one this time seemed like a good idea.

1 Like

False statement. There are nearly infinitely more security cameras in the world that are NOT battery-powered than those that are.

2 Likes

I almost bought a 2-pack thinking it had one OG-spotlight and one OG-telephoto, then noticed it was just 2 OG-Spotlights, and realized that wasn’t what I was hoping for. I am guessing they are holding off on a 1-of-each 2-pack until they have the Mounting kits with the splitter cable ready to be included with it.

4 Likes

That is correct.

4 Likes

I thought the same thing at first. I won’t say it was deceptive, the description says it’s two regular OG. But after watching the videos of the founders talking about the development of the camera, cost, etc, my first thought with the 2 pack was the bundle like they demonstrated in the video. I also didn’t get the impression the telephoto was 50% more expensive than the standard. In the video, they said it was the same hardware with a different lens, but it also doesn’t have a spotlight, so I’m not sure why it’s 50% more and doesn’t even include the stacking kit.

5 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

True statement for many of us who are using cameras for household security with easily accessible eaves or other mounting points. A true wired security camera has the power and transmission cable securely attached to the unit to resist tampering and is typically wired into the building to reduce the length of cable exposed. Any camera with an easily removable power source is useless as an outdoor security camera.

2 Likes

Any idea when the 2 camera mount adapter will be available?

Using the OG 3x can i still zoom in even further on the screen?

1 Like

Yes you can.

Should be available in the next few weeks.

1 Like

Can we agree that wired and battery cameras each have their pros and cons? And that one or the other may or may not be suitable for a particular use case?

5 Likes

Yeah, without rtsp these are useless to me. I use the rtsp image on all of my Wyze cams.

1 Like

Could NOT agree more.

The option to select wyze cam OG is not in the app. What cam do I select to get my Wyze Cam OG going?

1 Like

I have inquired about this and it will be made available by change on the cloud side of things which should occur in the next few hours. I am sorry for the delay.

2 Likes

Ok so once this has changed, the option to select wyze cam og will appear on the app correct? I really appreciate your help by the way and answering my questions!

1 Like

Yes once the change is made in the cloud you will be able to setup like other cams and you will see a selection for Wyze Cam OG.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you sir!

1 Like

You are welcome, if you have more questions just let us know.

1 Like

I was completely caught by this, trying to cancel my order now. It is certainly misleading the way it is presented. As you say it does say two standard but still misleading.

1 Like

No starlight sensor, the color night vision is via the built in light. Is that correct? And can you use cam plus light with this cam?

2 Likes