WYZE BUD Pro Connection Issue (Android) "Make sure you're connected to the Internet"

I am on Beta as well. I had zero issues setting them up.

Setup on iPhone 12 Max iOS 14.7.1
Wyze V2.23.16 I did notice there was a (2) on test flight but I am not on that version at this time.

As soon as the buds connected i got a firmware update

Their (Wyze) silence on this issue is ā€¦ interesting.

Could a Forum Maven, Community Rep, or Employee, chime in on this issue?

Out of curiosity to those having issues getting the Buds to connect to the App. Are you all on Android or is there iOS users that are having this issue as well?

I have a Samsung Note 10+ I will test on, except it will be without one scenario because I have already updated my firmware on the buds when I connected using iOS.

So I tested on my Android Note 10+ and got the same error message ā€œMake sure youā€™re connected to the internetā€

I was able to get my buds to connect to my Android device after completing the following steps.
On a Samsung Note 10+ (Android 11)
WYZE v2.23.21

From Application Settings I force stopped the WYZE App
Cleared Cache
Cleared Data (This ultimately logged me out)
Re-opened the Wyze App
Logged Back In
WYZE Buds Pro Connected

Also keep in mind as I mentioned beforeā€¦ I am missing one factor in my environment and thatā€™s the firmware that comes on the Buds when you get them, because I was successful connecting them to my iOS device for my initial setup they already had the new firmware on them when testing with my Android deviceā€¦ but this may possibly narrow the issue down to a FW issue?

2 Likes

Thank you R.Good for trying to find some solutions! During the apparent wyze support blackout!

1 Like

I have tried:

1. Clearing the cache on the app, Force Closing.
  2. Holding the pairing button on the Buds for 7 secondsā€¦ to clear out list.
  3. Try to add to Wyze app - Unsuccessful
  4. Repeat Step #1
  5. Holding the pairing button the Buds for 20 secondsā€¦ to factory reset them.
  6. Repeat Step #3. - Unsuccessful

I will note the 20 second hold on the pairing button fixed an issue where my wifeā€™s pair were only playing across 1 ear. The factory reset and re-pairing (bluetooth only) fixed that issue.

No luck at all with the Wyze app. Iā€™m sure Wyze will get this fixed and I can certainly use the Buds via Bluetooth for 90% of the reason I bought them but too bad the app support is struggling.

Overall, Iā€™m happy. They sound great (I used them for a very long Pink Floyd early recording, Fat Old Sun) and found them to have a LOT of bass for little headphones and the Active Noise Cancellation is very good! Iā€™m pleased.

Hang in there everyone. We all make mistakes. They may have made a mistake here but not in the actual productā€¦ just a little bit of the rollout. (I wonā€™t rant about the sticker situation right now).

And just for awareness. I had to forget the WYZE Buds Pro on my iPhone and re-pair them via bluetooth to get them to reconnect to my iOS device.

The WYZE app connected back to them instantly.

Did you log out of the WYZE app and log back in?
Not sure if that was a key part but Clearing Data (wiping the account off the app) logged me out of the app.

When did they ship the buds pro and when did you receive them?

it looks like there is no support for Wyze Buds Pro in the production app even though release notes say there is.
I was wondering about this because Wyze Buds Pro are already set up on my account because I was testing them but they do not show up in the production app. They only show up in the test app I have ,so maybe you need beta right now for it to work in till they get it fixed.
I will start the process of getting something started on this

1 Like

I tried force closing and just clearing cache. Nada.

I tried force closing and clearing all data. This forced me to re-login. Nada.

Thanks for jumping in @HDRock.

I am not having an issue, itā€™s many other members that have visited my first impression thread.
But I ordered on 5/11/21, I got notification of shipping on 8/6/21 and received them in the mail today 8/9/21.

I have the Beta App on my iOS device, and what I believe to be the production version on my Android device and was able to successfully pair and connect to the WYZE app on both devices.

What version of the wyze app are you running

1 Like

On iPhone 12 Max iOS 14.7.1 - v2.23.16
On Samsung Note10+ Android 11 v2.23.21

well thatā€™s the production app and the same app Iā€™m running on my Android 11 phone and my earbuds do not show up in that app, and they are already set up on my account

1 Like

I already had mine installed on my production iOS app 2.23.21, but they connected to my iOS 12 iPhone 6 no problem as soon as I opened the case (needed, in case anyone isnā€™t doing that. They also recommend the buds be outside the case during the firmware update, but Iā€™ve not seen an issue there).

After connecting, the app asked me if I wanted to update from firmware 0.6.0.7, but I said no, because I wanted to try connecting from scratch using that version. So I deleted the Pro Buds from the device list, and said ā€˜Addā€™.

It immediately re-added them, and asked if I wanted to update the firmware to 0.6.3.2. I said yes this time. I earned my app badge after doing this. :slight_smile:

The firmware update took some time, but seems to on these slower devices. Was successful, tho.

I deleted the Buds again, and re-added them again, no problem.

Obviously you guys are having a problem, either with defective hardware or something Iā€™m not using, like an Android app? In any case, when Support gets flooded with support calls, Wyze will be sure to make this a high priority. They are closed now, so be patient, but for anyone who doesnā€™t already know they are at (206) 339-9646 Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT (lol). We have seen problems with other devices that used to work fine since they moved the app to the newer phone operating systems. [Edit: possible fix below]

The Buds may be hard to pull out because they have a magnet in them to help hold the contacts secure while charging. Just flip the buds towards the outside to the left and right, pivoting on their ear tip. The ear tip should be the last thing to come out. Should be pretty easy to extract them then. Donā€™t try to pull straight up, roll them out.

2 Likes

As mention above my ā€œenvironmentā€ may be skewed because I initially connected the buds using my iOS device on Beta. Once connected the firmware for the buds pro updated. Which may be the reason I am getting them to work on my Android device?

I was having this same problem with the production app, it said make sure you are connected to the Internet Then I switched it over two my 2.4 gig on phone and it worked fine then.

To get the buds out use your left index finger on the inside of the left bud and pull it up do the same on the right with right index finger they come out easy

5 Likes

Holy Crap peopleā€¦ connect to your 2.4 Ghz networkā€¦ that just worked for me.

4 Likes

:thinking::open_mouth::exploding_head:

I did that on my Android test tooā€¦ didnā€™t put that in my list of things to do. In fact it was really by accident because I hit the wifi button before turning on bluetooth. I never would have thought that would have any bearing on the wyze buds pro.

1 Like

I tried it on the 5 gig network first ,I thought that might be an issue