Wyze Band Display Layouts

Please add more, or customizable, display layouts for the Wyze Band. The date displays seem designed for young eyes only. Sizes are fine for the clocks, but I often need my reading glasses to read the date and day of the week, despite the fact that much of the screen is unused.

Mod edit Added text for searchability. Watch band clock face options

6 Likes

Moderator Note:

This topic has been moved from #early-access to the #wishlist. Voting is now open. For your vote to count, remember to click the VOTE button at the top.

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes a customizable display where you can choose to display am/pm, day of week, month, and date in any order you want. Have the option to hide/display any of these items. Not sure if that’s possible though. I know Fitbit versa had some customizable watch faces but I wasn’t sure if it’s a technical software limitation or not.

Yup, would just love the specs on making own screens or displays. what variables are used, and we can test on placement and functionality. and whether through the app or another util to push the faceplates up. Let some of us tech and geek out on this.

btw - loving the battery life so far. works great for my wife. think its easily on aweek or more before recharging. compared to my Samsung which is 1-3 days. varies depending upon usage

1 Like

I’d like to be able to customize the display layouts also. None of the displays work well for me. I kind of like the 2nd one. It’s readable, but I’d prefer a 24 hour display, remove the AM/PM and add the month. I want a normal looking display with the day of the week and month. Preferably with things at the top and bottom like that display has so I can find a background that works with it.

1 Like

Installed the Band update, but it doesn’t have a clock face with battery status any more. How am I supposed to know when it is time to recharge the battery before it goes dead when I need it. One step forward and two back!

Which update are you referring to? I have fw v1.0.6.78 and there’s a battery status with the time. Also v1.0.6.43 had the same type of display.

I don’t know the version number, but it was an upgrade that came out within the last week. After installing it, the very small and dim battery icon was no longer showing on the one watch face where it had been. In addition, the Android header symbol for Wyse being active changed from a large dot to “Wyze” after the upgrade. No problem there, but I want the battery charge level icon back, preferably larger and more bold. You may want to check your band settings and see if you have the most up-to-date version. If not, and you like the battery life icon, you may want to avoid upgrading until the icon is returned in a future version. Unless I am missing something in the Wyze Android program, there is no way to know when the band is about to stop working. Hopefully, it won’t happen during a time when you need to know the time or to run one of the band functions like heart rate.

PS: Just checked my Android Wyze App verison; it is v2.10.80, so you are either behind on app updates, or you are using an iPhone and Wyze has a different numbering system for their version numbers.

I also can hardly read the screen without my readers. I have been able to put a decent looking background on and chose a clock layout that didn’t obscure the background.

Actually had this on my phone already, but the dragon was cropped out due to the size of the image for band.

I would like a layout where the font is larger for people with bad eyes. Maybe turn it sideways. Also, please include the day and date, not either or. Covid has made these days slide in to each other. So, larger font, day and date and I will use that layout immediately.

1 Like

The display for time on the Wyze Band is so faint even with the brightness set to high. I can barely read the time

Why not hve the same brightness for time as the rest of the display.

Also if the display on the app be modified os that the numbers are not overlapping.

Can you add more font and background colors for Wyze Band, such as black font, black background, and white background. I guess you could do a background work-around by adding color “pictures” in solid black and/or white, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to get a black font to use on a white background for high readability.

In one face display option, there are graphics and text in black on the top line when the rest of the text is in white. Why this mix of colors which makes the already small graphics and text nearly impossible to read because of dark text on a dark background?

There is also no way currently to set font or graphic sizes, and there is some text and graphics, including battery information, that is impossibly small to read.

Continuing the discussion

Watch face should have more font and background color options, such as black font, white background, and black background. A work-around for backgrounds would be to add solid color pictures, but it would be better to have more colors to select from. Also, there is no work-around for additional font colors.

In one display option, there is a top line with graphics and battery percentage, but it is both in a very small font and in a dark font, which makes it almost impossible to read against a dark background. Why is this line in such a small size and different color from the one selected for text?

Also see “Wyze Band DIY watch face” topic for more watch face suggestions. A DIY (Do/Design It Yourself) watch face should also include text & graphics size and font options for each word or line.

1 Like

Yeah, you can tell nobody designing these UIs (or packaging) is over 50. Tiny low contrast print is all the style rage these days but real-world usability is terrible. The large clock faces look like ugly afterthoughts.

I just got my Wyze Band and I’m loving it so far. I would really love a couple clock faces that have a bigger font and also include the date and steps. So far, there is only one face that includes steps and the font is TINY. And there are a couple that have a bigger font, but don’t include steps.

Keep up the good work, guys!

2 Likes

Would like to also have face that shows the seconds. Especially in font for us with bad eyes. Sometimes you need to time yourself doing a process for 20 or 30 seconds and being able to have them display would be helpful. Also would be nice to have the display stay on after you raise to wake with a touch to the face so you can watch the seconds display longer than the 5 second screen timeout that is currently in place. Once you lower your hand the display can turn off and functions normally.

1 Like

I use reading glasses but still can’t see the freaking tiny print on the Band, I need a magnifying glass to see it. The amount of usable screen space on this device is ridiculously small. I wish Wyze found a a display that at lease used the entire screen.

To this point, it would be nice to have a Clock Face option with a dark top ribbon/banner background and white icons. I’m using a custom photo for my background, which renders the indicators almost invisible.
wyze-ribbon