Wyze are thieves (Resolved)

Firstly, I absolutely agree that the lack of communication is not a good look on their part. However, owning my own business and shipping products with the USPS during these last few months, I can tell you that it has been HELL from customers reaching out the same way that you are. So I empathize with both the consumer side but also with the business side (wyze in this case).
Our items are in the $6-$9 range per item, so we ended up offering many refunds to keep our customers happy despite the shipping problems not being our own. (even though the items eventually did show up, we kept checking the tracking after).

TL;DR - Give Wyze a break, they are prioritizing their labor to respond to as many customers as they can and at this point, they know what you know. There is nothing more that they can do until the USPS labels the package as lost. Itā€™s unfortunate, but certainly not the fault of Wyze.

2 Likes

How can you even ask me to give Wyze a break when they forced me to use USPS instead of giving me other shipping options? Also, theyve had my money since November, but when I contact their support Im being ignored now. How can you defend blatant ignorance like that? Its easy to react when its someone elses money. They asked for 24-48 more hours, and I gave them almost 150 hours. Iā€™d say that Ive been reasonable and patient up until the point where they started to ignore me. Iā€™ve even posted the conversation so you can see that I wasnt rude or pushy, and that I was agreeable and understanding. All that changed when they started to ignore me. I did, after all, hold up my end of the deal, Wyze has yet to hold up their end.

Get real. LOTS of online retailers ONLY use one shipping option. Welcome to the USPS crappy service. First of all, USPS package tracking is an absolute joke. I canā€™t tell you how many times I have received a package and USPS still shows that they are waiting for the package to arrive at the USPS shipping location. Compare that to UPS or Fedex where the package can be handed to me and by the time can look up the package tracking, it will show delivered, who it was delivered to, and my signature (if a signature was required). I have also had a package that was stuck at my local post office for almost two months, and another that was lost at a different local post office. I have also had the USPS report unable to find the address when the delivery location was the City Hall complex where I work (occupies an entire city block - with a mail room where everything gets delivered - by the truckload). If you call USPS, they can generally see more details about package tracking then can be seen from the public website. Give them a call.
You say that Wyze did not hold up their end. Yes they did - they handed the package off to a shipping company (the USPS in this case). Wyze canā€™t see any more on package tracking than you can, and they have ZERO control of the package movement after they hand it off.

5 Likes

I finally received on about Jan 15th a small package (about 11x4x6) for Christmas sent Priority mail from Silver Spring, Md on Dec 14.
USPS has been terrible this year.

1 Like

K6CCC, no Wyze did not hold up their end of the bargain. Nobody can even prove that they actually shipped the item until it is received. For all I know that tracking number is an empty box until I can open it. I did business with Wyze. Wyze is the one who is doing buusiness with the USPS. I didnt pay for shipping on the USPS website, I paid for it on the wyze,com website. Therefor, they have not yet met their contractual obligations.

This thread will be locked or deleted. Its easier than being accountable. Notice how new comments are being made, but instead of moving up the forum list, its moving down as if there were no recent comments.

You have been asked if youā€™ve called or live chatted with Wyze. I havenā€™t seen where youā€™ve responded to the question.

Phone: (206) 339-9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT
Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Call. It takes less time and is cheaper than calling a lawyer. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Have you read all of my posts? The entire premise of my complains is that I contacted their support and am being ignored. Yes, Ive chatted with Wyze. I was only asking for Wyze to follow through on what they said., but they chose to ignore me instead. I wouldve been happy with just an update, but because they chose to ignore me instead, this has been blown up way more than it wouldve been if they just talked to me.

And Im not contacting a lawyer. Iā€™m disabled, and as a result I qualify for free legal assistance through Southeastern Pennsylvania Legal Aid, a non-profit that provides free civil legal services to low-income persons. They do everything for youā€¦file the formal complaint form, the civil paperwork, and anything the courts desire. You cant just file a civil lawsuit and pay the fee. Its not the simple. You cant do anything 8until you submit a formal complaint for to the courts.

So lots of back/forth here, and Iā€™m really too lazy to go too deeply, so Iā€™ll offer this:

I shipped a package Priority from WI to NJ and it tracked from WI, to MN, to NJ, then just stopped (this took 2 days). After over a week, it had not moved. It was an ebay thing, and the buyer opened a case against me (well told ebay that he hadnā€™t received the package, resulting in a case being opened), which caused the money I had already processed through paypal to the back to be withdrawn from my paypal account, putting me seriously in the red.

I opened a case with USPS and they magically located the package WITHIN HOURS, and got the package to the recipient (who then proceeded to NOT confirm with ebay that he had it adding another day before I ā€œgot my moneyā€).

Iā€™m not defending Wyzeā€™s customer service, Flip side is, however, the hot mess that is the USPS is causing EVERYONE pain these days, and I know for a fact you arenā€™t the only one peeved at Wyze (I hear if you search ā€œhow do I sue Wyzeā€ you get a result or two). How did USPS respond to your queries with them?

My robot vacuum was 2 days ā€œlateā€ and it came via FedEx.

Welcome to the pandemic.

1 Like

Youā€™re the one who is making assumptions with zero basis for them. What on earth gives you reason to believe that Wyze shipped an empty box based on USPS having a delay (regardless of that reason)? Thatā€™s nuts!

1 Like

Yep. Its with the vendor, just like you pointed out. Ive already mentioned that Wyze couldve responded to me instead of ignore me, and simply send an email or contact their person at the USPS. That might mean them opening a case on my behalf, but as you alluded to, the case garners more attention coming from the vendor. All they had to do to make this right is communicate , but chose not to. Why wouldnt I be pissed? Iā€™m not asking them to send me another one for free, just provide real customer service.

I didnt think I had to say ā€œHypothetically speakingā€¦ā€ Its true that they may have shipped an empty box, but that is far fetched. I thought it was rather obvious that I was making a point by using an unlikely example, but something that is also true: until I receive the package, I cannot confirm that Wyze held up their end of the purchase.

BTW, I just thought of this. I purchased a jacket from China the same day that I made this purchase, since thats when my money became available to me. That package arrived last weekā€¦from China!!!

So now, since I DID finally read all the way to the bottom, let me see if I understand the sequence of events:

1. No package.
  2. USPS tracking says ā€œin transitā€
  3. Call Wyze.
  4. Get ignored.
  5. Get peeved
  6. Decide that since your contract/agreement (you give them money, they give you stuff) is with Wyze, they have a responsibility to do the tracking down of the package (which is not an entirely wrong view)
  7. Stew a little more as they continue to ignore you (as you see itā€¦ you really donā€™t know whatā€™s going on at their end, what with pumping out more new products in the last 2 months than the last 2 years while potentially short staffed due to the pandemic)
  8. Speciously theorize that they may have not even put your stuff in a package that they then shipped because they canā€™t prove they didnā€™t do just that
  9. Decide that since it can be done at no cost to you, to file a lawsuit rather than open a case with USPS yourself
  10. Post about it publicly
  11. Ignore all subsequent questions and suggestions (like Wyze?) to contact USPS because principles

I am now going spend some time in meditation. This entire response accomplished nothing more than add more negative to an already negative-heavy universe and I should be better.

Seriously, though. Youā€™re not the only one being inconvenienced with these very same issues. You really CAN contact USPS and still retain the moral high ground, AND maybe get your package a little sooner as a nice bonus.

2 Likes

I could tell by point #5 that your comment was meant more to insult than anything. You point out that the company has released more products in the last 2 months than they had in the last 2 years, yet never mentioned that perhaps they planned poorly and that has caused many of the problems people, including myself, are complaining about. Why not be completely diplomatic about it? Its not like they can say COVID threw them a curveball if they are doing all of this expansion 6+ moths after COVID began.

Posting publicly was a last resort. Wyze has had every opportunity to remedy the situation, and chose to ignore me instead. They certainly were diligent about asking me to wait another 24-48 hours, but now that triple that time has passed they arent as responsive. You have never reviewed a product or service? Its commonplace to share your good or bad experiences with others. So why are you so surprised that I want to share my poor experiences to help others make more informed purchasing decisions? Every purchase I make is based more on users personal reviews that it is anything else. If people only went public with good things, every product or service would have a 5/5 rating. So its shocking that your bias has reached a point where your forgetting stuff liek this.

True. I was being very small and snide, It does seem to me that you are avoiding a potential resolution just so you can be publicly righteously indignant. This is your right (and privilege), but is ultimately self defeating.

I may be wrong about the situation. Iā€™m wrong a lot. Life got a bit easier for me once I could admit that to myself (and then a little moreso when I could admit it to others). I wish satisfaction for you, but Iā€™m doubtful youā€™ll receive much on your chosen path.

That said, live long, and prosper.

3 Likes

Yes, thats true. Im opposed to a resolution now. Iā€™ve been patient and understanding and just wanted someone to respond. They refused to, and now Iā€™m mad and motivated. I feel more compelled to protect others since I rely so heavily other peoples reviews when I make purchases.

Anyway, Iā€™ll be back in the morning to continue where I left off. Best of luck to you, and have a good night.

BTW I dont think you saw my entire last replyā€¦I replied then went back to edit

Forgot to answer your question. I did contact the USPS. 4+ hour wait time to just get a copied and pasted generic reply.

Anyway, good night

You sat on hold for 4 hours over a $25 camera?
Just be patient, or open another ticket with wyze.

1 Like

The first thing they are going to do is call Wyze.

Phone: (206) 339-9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT
Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

3 Likes

No, Facebook Messengerā€¦I wouldnt wait on hold on the phone more than 15-20 minutes for something like this.

Wow, trying to understand the premise here.

Ebay/PayPal are giving packages a month to arrive before considering a claim against a seller, as long as proof of the shipment exists.

I buy enough stuff online, and chat on several forums, to know that there are potential major shipping delays across all services.

If the USPS received your package, they are slowly moving and even rerouting it. They are not scanning packages like normal.

I am in the DC area. I have watched packages go from NY,to CA, back to Maryland a week later. Packages show received, then a week later delivered, no updates in between.

I shipped a small package to KS. It arrived at the buyers local distributor center after a week. It left there 10 days later. The buyer was as well researched and understanding as I am.

As for shipments from facilities in or near international ports: Customs holds them for up to a month, out of CA, regardless of which area of the US they originated in. Does not matter if already stored at the facility, if the company is outside the US and stores product here, it is delayed.

Shipments coming here from Canada are taking two weeks minimum.

Anyways, calling the seller a thief is unfair.

1 Like