Wyze App v2.0 Launched!

@CaptainMark! Kudos to Wyze team for the fixes in 2.0.21. Some of these were reported less than three weeks ago. To go from development to test to production/App store in that time frame is appreciated!

Thanks. The color scheme of v2. is extremely hard to see/use. Others have pointed this out and some are even using newer larger iPads vs. phones. I was hoping putting this on an old iPad would ease some of the eye strain, but apparently Murphy’s law is in full effect.

1 Like

Your reference to “Others” includes me of course. My apologies to everyone as I’m starting to sound like a broken record, but … I couldn’t agree more with what @OverWatch has stated. Extremely hard to see/use is an understatement - perhaps not for those with 20/20 vision, but for others with less than perfect near-mid vision, it’s a real issue. As I’ve written previously, white on cyan (top) and lt gray on white (bottom) provides almost no contrast. I don’t remember the exact color scheme that v1 used, but I honestly don’t recall having these problems when using it.

For the record … I absolutely love the Wyze cameras I’ve purchased (4 in my home and 5 more as gifts), the Wyze team support (incl. this forum), and the Wyze app itself (including v2). However, I feel that the new color scheme has compromised usability. Of the 70 or so apps I have installed on my iPad, only a couple others are difficult for me to see/read and only one other provides no landscape mode. Anyway, my hope is that the Wyze team consider a color scheme redesign and/or perhaps adding a Dark Theme option in the app, similar to what we have here in the forum. My $.03 …

3 Likes

@MIlehiguy, add to your list of benefits not draining device batteries by lighting the room (and blinding the users) via bright white screens while people try to view IR lit video!

2 Likes

There’s a Roadmap topic for that:

2 Likes

Added my battery life comment to that #roadmap

DEFINITELY NEEDS ACCESSIBILITY. I would say testing and conformance to WCAG2.1

Besides that, same as I told the rep on FB, who passed it along, but I figured it can’t hurt to add here too:

Request for a Temp sensor.
It is an invaluable thing considering a temp sensor for a circuit board are so cheap.
It is informative, like in my baby’s room it’s too cold. Let’s turn up the heat. But more importantly it will also provide an additional input/trigger for automation. If wyze detects fire alarm sound, maybe check tem perature to get a better idea which room the fire is in. If temperature starts rising rapidly and suddenly, without a fire alarm, that is another good use case.

Me too.
The 2.x UI designers seem to be more concerned about the app matching the website than usability.
I have added my vote to a couple of the roadmaps.

2 Likes

There is a temp sensor topic in Roadmap that you can vote for. Be sure to scroll up and click the VOTE button at the top:

1 Like

Great! Thanks!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Easy way to record and save continuous video?

Bring back long press on Event video list to select for deletion pls. This would be a more intuitive interaction for both the full event list or after applying a filter.

1 Like

Shortcut history stopped updating about a week ago

1 Like

Big bug on android 9.0 - if i come back to this app from recent apps, and hit the back arrow on my camera, instead of taking me to home it exits the app and i have to reload the app. this is really annoying.

This. I haven’t seen any history since 1/9/19

When you say hit the back arrow, do you remember which page (Live Stream, Playback or settings) below the camera you were on?

Live Stream, specifically. I’ve attached a screenshot

1 Like

Live Stream, specifically. I’ve attached a screenshot

1 Like

Hi @Scott56, V2.0 app or above will need iOS 9.0 and up. There was a configuration issue with V2.0.21 which accidentally blocked some old iOS devices. We are going to revert the change in upcoming V2.1 beta and official release. Our alpha app will be released this week and beta is expected to be released next week. Sorry for the short time inconvenience!

4 Likes

My shortcut history reappeared this morning. Anybody else?

Interesting, since there was no version update on my phone or firmware update.