Wyze app 3.0 - Released 7/24/2024

CEO: Thank you for continuing to make Wyzapp 3.xx the great success we knew it could be!
Wyzpolloi: GLAD TO HELP!

3 Likes

Very good. I mix and match as well. Some Wyze, some Kasa and some Eufy. It is good to have other options.

It seems like you are trying to imply something I never said. I brought up why they most likely do business the way they do, the Chinese way. Which is different than how it’s done here. Don’t make it a race thing, it’s cultural business thing. What country in the world is known for quickly popping out products that usually have issues? CHINA. I will say that China has gotten better with its knockoffs, quality wise. But with regards to Wyze, all I know is that I have never had any other product from another company have so many issues. Even the person that got me into Wyze products is frustrated with their software and customer service. And as far as testing goes, well hardware wise many of the issues would have easily been caught early or at least should have been. Especially when customers find the issue almost right away, then you’d think the company making them would have. And software wise you beta test until there are no issues. I know that doesn’t seem to be the norm in the tech industry now but it should. And certainly don’t release a huge app remodel without extended testing. You can see all the posts here about how frustrated so many are with this new app. There is no denying it. Yes, Wyze will probably fix it but they always take forever to do so. Can we end this banter now?

1 Like

My narrow issue with you is that you make unsupported claims, and even when challenged specifically, do not provide specific evidence to support your contentions - nor fully retract a claim when you concede that it is factually incorrect.

It’s not just you, it’s very common, and the root of a lot of misinformation being spread in our culture these days.

If no one had challenged your initial assertion that Wyze founders are Chinese citizens (as is often the case with false assertions for a variety of reasons) another reader and another and another could come along, accept what you’ve falsely asserted and spread it as fact themselves.

See what I mean? It’s not about you and me, it’s about ‘discourse’ as is commonly practiced these days. Discourse is not in good shape. We can make it better. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

好孩子青蛙先生

Hǎo háizi qīngwā xiānshēng :frog:

You obviously missed what I was saying and read something else. I was talking the Chinese business model and I said that. If let’s say, a black business man born and raised in the US goes to China to start a business and run it. What would their business model be? It would be what they know, the US business model. It’s the same for someone born and raised in China, starting a running a business in the US, they would use the Chinese business model. And it’s very evident in the way Wyze operates. So no, I will not retract what I said because it’s factually correct. People are creatures of habit and do things that they are used to doing. If someone in charge of business has been kind and generous to their employees, no matter where they go to start another company they will always be kind and generous. Likewise with the opposite type of bosses. People do what they know.

Can we let this die now or are you going to continue twisting my words around?

=Make money. American business model is to make money using Chinese Labor.
Hello Apple, and Hundreds of other :us: companies. :laughing:

3 Likes

Now the most delicious outcome would be for the two apparently Chinese founders to appear and state: ‘Yes, Resist is correct, we are both Chinese citizens.’ :sweat_smile:

I stand corrected in advance. :bowing_man:

1 Like

Not saying this is definitive, but I found it worth watching:

[2019] It is distributed by Netflix and is the first film acquired by Barack and Michelle Obama’s production company, Higher Ground Productions.[1][2][3] It won an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature.[4] -Wikipedia

Back to topic:

How do you determine this? :thinking:

1 Like

So are saying there is an issue with some or all of the Chinese individuals much akin to the DJI drone situation? I guess in thinking about it there is a lot of info to be mined in some way. But isn’t the data on Amazon servers and isn’t that some comfort?

Does Wyze own the info that we stream to the servers? If so does anyone know whether they sell this information?

1 Like

What other brand do you recommend?

That is a question I want to know what else is there to use to get away Wyze

| willitwork
August 20 |

• | - |

What other brand do you recommend?

Here is their privacy policy:

Wyze has clarified in the past that they do not “Sell” any of our information in the conventional sense/concern. However, more recently, some states have expanded their definition of “selling” information, and some of what they do falls under some of those new laws now. This is probably mostly because they pay 3rd parties like Braze and Google to run usage analytics for the app:

They have clarified publicly in a recorded AMA live stream on their youtube channel in the past that related to event videos, they don’t access them, and only a very few select senior engineers even have the capability to access cloud videos & that they have safe guards in place, etc. They promised they will never sell/share or use our facial recognition data with anyone else like other companies such as Ring do.

In short summary, they say they do not use anything in our video recordings or live stream unless we intentionally send it to them. However, they do aggregated and anonymised usage data to improve their systems and app, and apparently, like almost everyone else, they do create an anonymized identifier for advertising purposes.

Common competitors to Wyze include:

• TP-Link Tapo (includes free AI detections)
  • Reolink
  • Eufy (options for mostly local)
  • Blink
  • Arlo
  • EZVIZ
  • SimpliSafe
  • Amcrest
  • Xiaomi & Subsidiary Aqara
  • Foscam
  • Hikvision
  • UniFi Protect
  • Vivint (overpriced)
  • Ring (overpriced and excessively restrictive IMO)
  • Google Nest
  • Logitech Circle View
  • Netatmo Welcome
  • Kasa Smart
  • Tenvis
  • D-Link
  • Yi

There are a lot more, of course. I’ve seen lots of those mentioned though.
None are perfect. I have cameras from 6 companies and they all have their various issues, and people saying they are the worst company that nobody should ever use, but their issues may not be ones that affect you as much as the Wyze ones are affecting you. Different things work better for different people. Competition is good.

I’m going with TP-link devices for plugs and cameras. Cameras are branded under TAPO.

For other home automation sensors, I’m going with GOVEE

I have some outside areas were I need a high quality camera. I’m already using REOLINK for those applications,

Govee has a lot of interesting and unique smart home devices.

Not happy at all with this new style app:

• I have 12 cams and before every cam was showing a picture with the last activity so I was able to see the time and rewind and find the scene. With the new app that is not longer possible.
  • all cams are going in the live mode so when I’m trying to open them is taking time or not connecting all the time and even worst, some are going off…so annoying.

Overall very unsatisfied with this version and I wish to have the option to reverse to the old version. I’m surprise how this app version was developed, based on what? as I can’t see any details from Wyze. Usually you develop something based on customer voice but in this case the same as all other issues the company has the ears covered. I’m considering more and more now switching to a different system.

Has anyone else experienced this? I just logged it and opened a ticket.

:arrow_down:
Deleting the last item from a Group and then backing out of the empty Group rearranged the Devices list into no discernible order. Closing the app and re-launching it restored the Devices tab order.

When adding items back to the empty Group, the Group still displayed in the Devices list as “Empty”. Completely closing and re-launching the app corrected the Devices tab display for this issue, as well.

These appear to be bugs in the current production app.

Log ID: 1545485
Wyze Ticket: 4042955
:arrow_up:

Would it be helpful to post this in the v3.1β topic? I’m not a beta tester and so don’t know if this issue exists in that version.

That’s not all. When I open the app it goes to a random camera that I did not select. C’mon Wyze, Give us a way to back to previous version on ios. After a couple weeks with this app, I find nothing good about it. And the negative issues mentioned everywhere is TRUE.

Where do you get that I said there is an issue with Chinese individuals? I said that the Wyze founders are using the Chinese business model of mass producing products that are basically inferior because they don’t properly test them. And they do this because several of the founders are from China, so it’s natural that they would follow that business model.