Wyze app 3.0 - Released 7/24/2024

I don’t use the favorites (actually hates) page. Then, it is 3.

Crickets from WYZE on their flawed APP and what they intend to do about it.

1 Like

The live feed long load times are getting so annoying. Why couldn’t Wyze just have left the app the way it was?! There was no reason to go to this new app which changed everything and caused a lot more bugs. Now it’s even harder to see my devices on the Devices page, because they are so small. I need a glasses to find my Wyze Scale, before I didn’t need them to find it. They’ve put too much information in such small screen real estate. Please stop changing things and focus more on fixing bugs!!!

They should add the power saver feature they have for the battery cameras. That would fix the loading delays.

1 Like

Is Wyze even aware of this app’s issues? I’m so tired of the slow live video load time, if it even loads at all and often will say the camera is offline. Also, having more issues being unable to correctly tag recorded events where the AI got it wrong, the options won’t change green when I click them. I’d call Wyze about all this but their reps just follow a script and the issues aren’t my phone or my router. Plus, they will just say to reboot my phone, then reboot my router, then uninstall and reinstall the camera(s), Then finally, delete and install the Wyze app. The issue is this new app! Who ever is in charge of changing this app should be fired! Stop focusing on changing stuff all the time and focus on reliable software. All these extra features are pointless if they don’t work.

1 Like

The product manager was very active in beta testing and aware of everything being reported there.

Jason recently stated that they are working at making improvements for those who are unhappy, including related to the slower loading times.

3 Likes

3.0 is still not showing up in my playstore yet. Is the rollout paused?

Hi, i am glad everything works great for us.
Havent had any problems.

1 Like

Well, it’s hard to believe these issues weren’t discovered during beta testing. And while my iPhone isn’t the latest model, it does have the most recent iOS and is only having issues with this new Wyze app. But as I’ve said many times over the years, every time Wyze changes the software there are always issues with it. It even has an issue on my iPad where when I start the app in landscape view and click on a camera it goes to portrait view then I have to turn the iPad and click full screen where it will then go back to landscape view. It should stay in either landscape or portrait, depending on how I hold the iPad, the entire time. Wyze was able to fix that with the last app version but now the issue is back with this new version. One step forward, then two steps back. It gets old.

Yeah, I too noticed a huge step backwards with landscape on ipad. Every single time I load a camera in landscape, then, go back to devices tab, the entire interface rotates portrait, then landscape … well, most of the time it goes back to landscape. Sometimes, at random, it will stick in portrait view.

1 Like

The product manager should have insisted they pull 3.0 until these issues were resolved. Admitting the mistake and showing a path forward is more acceptable and forgiving than not admitting their are issues while trying to fix tham and not communicating.

1 Like

Not paused, just getting a slow rollout, which was the plan from the beginning.

I believe iOS is available to 100% and Android is out to at least over 50% now if I recall correctly. I think it should be 100% within the next couple of weeks at the longest.

1 Like

iOS update is available on my phone. I have auto updates for apps turned off. i just have to be careful not to fat finger and hit update all and get the 3.0 which I am avoiding.

If you don’t mind the camera/group turn off/on button getting buried in the menus, app 3.0 isn’t that much different from app 2.5 if you limit what’s on the “Favorites” tab. In my case, I removed all the “Favorites” entries.

Oh yeah, maybe they should change that white on grey color on Android’s navigation buttons.

1 Like

I like the 2.5 just fine and will stay with it as long as possible. I like the Thumbnail photos of the last event on the home page, I have no desire to see the streaming cams unless I go to live view from each cam. I also have no groups or automations. I just like to keep things simple.

1 Like

You might want to work on your

Or not. :slight_smile:

Wyze App 3.0 on Android periodically loses all recorded events. The events are still viewable via browser on my.wyze.com but don’t show up on the app. I am able to recover them on the app by force-stopping, clearing the cache, and re-authenticating. It seems to happen every couple of days.

Which do you mean? I’ve argued elsewhere that Wyze has failed in some of its design choices, particularly when it comes to colors that provide little to no contrast, and I sincerely hope that they’ll make better use of contrasting colors in future iterations of the app, especially if they’re actually progressing toward a real global dark mode.

Ignore this. I just found out it only affects an old phone that I used to test drive the new app. It doesn’t happen on the newer phone.

On the problematic phone, the contrast between the grey and white is very minimal, making it hard to make out the buttons.

2 Likes

3.0 showed up this afternoon. Uninstalled the apkmirror version and installed playstore one. So far so good.

3 Likes