Woodpecker (I Think)

Another newcomer today!

No hummingbirds, but I think this is a woodpecker. Woody, I do believe, is an appropriate name if so. :joy:

I have another video but it won’t upload. I’ll have to try to post it tomorrow.

[Mod Note]: Re-encoded video for proper embedded viewing in web browsers.

2 Likes

What I hear you saying is that he is the mascot of the new Wyze notification sound…since it and Woody Woodpecker’s laugh have the same pattern.

EDIT:

2 Likes

That is a common male House Sparrow.

That wasn’t the video I uploaded. That is so strange. I’m gonna edit and re-post.

2 Likes

OK I think I got the right video this time.

2 Likes

Looks like you have a Red-bellied woodpecker on your feeder. They visit my feeders as well.

4 Likes

Yep! Female red-bellied woodpecker! thumbsup

2 Likes

:notes: My birdseed brings all the birds to the yard :notes: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl:

I couldn’t resist.

1 Like

OK, I took this with my cell phone because you can’t really get a good look at the distance it’s at from my camera… But I think the morning dove is confused about what the feeder is for. :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

This is pleasantly disorienting. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would not be surprised if it doesn’t try to build a nest there. Think about it. A nice flat surface, it’s off the ground and the food is right there. :rofl:

1 Like

It’s actually a Male Red-bellied Woodpecker (females don’t have that much red on their head).

Males have red extending shoulders up the neck and over the forehead to beak. Females have red neck, gray forehead, slight buffy red above beak.

Gray forehead:

3 Likes

Very good! I stand corrected. Thank you for this, greatly appreciated!!

5 Likes

No problem. :smiley:

2 Likes