Wifi outages

I am totally frustrated. I am out of state and will be for 4 months. While I was gone there were multiple wifi outages. Because of this I cannot reconnect my cameras and therefore all my cameras are inactive. Tried to restart remotely but nothing worked. Can anyone help me or am I just out of luck?

@naylorgroup3 Welcome to the Wyze community!

Sorry to hear about the WiFi problems. The best way to reconnect the cameras remotely would be via smart plug. I have my cameras plugged into a smart plug. This makes it very convenient to power cycle the cameras when I am away from home, and of course this only works if the router is working properly.

If you don’t have smart plugs it would be a good investment. Unless you have a friend or family member to enter the home and power cycle the cameras, I don’t know of any other way to reconnect the cameras.

If the WiFi failed and then restored, the cameras SHOULD EVENTUALLY reconnect. I have seen it take days. Usually not that long, but do not expect that 30 seconds after the WiFi comes up that the cameras will be back on line.
With that said, a remote power switch can be very useful.