Why was Android hardware decoding removed?

This guy gets it.

1 Like

The most recent update can be found in this thread

6 Likes

Thanks Jason.

It would be nice to know if timeline for a remedy is measured in days/weeks etc.

Not looking for an ironclad word here - just looking for best info available so we know to hold on a few more days or actually go find another device to manage the non-camera devices.

Thanks again for 32 bit/64bit info.

2 Likes

That information I unfortunately don’t have, I just know it is a top priority for them. If I hear anything I will pass it along though.

5 Likes

Yep. I observed the change just yesterday. My bad.
The delay is significant enough for the live streaming to be useless. Please ensure that the issue is resolved at the earliest.

2 Likes

We are searching for an improved library to use but want to be careful that the solution we go with actually resolves the problem for the people impacted by this issue. This probably won’t be resolved in days (especially since we’ll be doing a round of beta testing with it) but we are working hard and it’s our number one priority.

4 Likes

Thanks for communicating this, it’s helpful information to share :+1:

1 Like

You’re welcome! We understand the frustration and don’t want people to feel ignored or forgotten. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Plugs arrived today! I am going to go mess with them.

1 Like

Thanks, we are waiting for it. I am not ordering Plugs or any new product until this is resolved.

You’re welcome! We hope you enjoy the heck out of your plugs! :smiley:

We understand, @xrigau. We’ll get the fix out for everyone as soon as we can.

Something that should have been done before releasing this version.

1 Like

How did this get released without regression testing ?. Concerned that there is little testing of these releases and we are going to have future releases with issues.

3 Likes

There was beta testing done before release of it

1 Like

Here to confirm that there was beta testing but we understand that we didn’t test with a large enough range of devices. What I am saying is that we would all want the beta testing for this fix to last longer than a handful of days to make sure that the stability is where it should be.

5 Likes

A lot of the users enrolled in the Beta program have fairly advanced devices, and thus likely didn’t notice any difference.

1 Like

Was the person in charge of testing terminated? <— Just an expression of my frustration with the quality control exhibited by Wyze with their software and firmware releases.

I’ve only been a customer since April and in that time there have been 2 instances where inadequately tested F/W and/or S/W releases have made my devices effectively inoperative. I spent 35 years in IT - the vast majority of that time in software/systems development. If I had 2 major fails in 5 months I would have been unemployed - no questions asked.

4 Likes

That just means there was no formal test plan in place at any stage of development. Testing is not a matter of ‘go play with it and see what it does’.

2 Likes

Just one more reason to not rely on Beta testing only.