Why do we only get 12 seconds? And what exactly do we get with the subscription using Wyse Outdoor?

My complaints are valid and you should see that by now. You got lucky and found it but it was nowhere to be seen:

1. on the box
  2. in the box
  3. at the store
  4. at the web page with features and details that I showed you.

Why exactly should I have looked any farther??? To find the 5th location where it was mentioned. That is not honest advertising, that is bait and switch with an excuse. See, we had it here all the time.

1 Like

I have no idea where that web page is. I went to the main web site Wyze.com and don’t see how to get to that web page you showed at all. What exactly is that URL??? What is the full path??

1 Like

Wyze employees have said they are working on adding it. Hardware testers have mentioned using it. Some screenshots were posted of its existence.

There is no clear time frame of when it will be available. If it is crucial to your needs I would suggest returning the camera for now.

1 Like

Dud, I realize you’re upset but it’s right there. I went to https://wyze.com and clicked on Wyze Cam Outdoor.

I agree you should return the thing and find an alternative that you like.

1 Like

Then click on Details at the top of the page, then scroll down.

I agree with @phmurphy I would have never thought that they would limit the SD Event recordings to 12 seconds.

The FAQ isn’t even clear.
Will I be able to continuously record to a micro SD card? Isnt the same as; Can I record full Events to a micro SD card?. We have both options on the V2 and Pan.
Event video lengths of 12 seconds just sounds like the length of cloud recordings. I would never have associated that answer to SD card recording length.

They postponed this camera several times and are still saying it’s not ready, we’ll change this and that in the future.

2 Likes

I don’t have one and I won’t have one. It has no redeeming qualities for me.
As I said above, I would never have guessed that it couldn’t record full Events to the SD card. Even after reading the FAQ.

Angus, no, this - the standard Wyze 12 second recording - was his major complaint and it’s not accurate. The lack of event recording to SD was a secondary issue I think.

Thanks, but I showed you exactly what I found with a copy and paste, and it showed none of that. I agree, time to return the crap. Home Depot, here I come.

1 Like

And it’s right there in what you pasted. Below is a screenshot from your own post. Anyway, good luck with a different camera. If you’re still interested in Wyze the powered V2s work well outside.

Yep, you are right. But that was not expected to be a limitation to the SD card as well. Going back since 12 seconds is worthless when the critical event happens at second 15 and beyond.

2 Likes

I guess we’ll never know. :slight_smile:

Weird forum bug? At the top of my notifications it points to this post, but nothing has changed in days…

Screenshot_20200906-175328

I just fixed a typo in that post but that shouldn’t make it show up.

Ah, interesting, it’s only because I was quoted in that post.

Returning the product. Useless in most cases. That was a BIG mistake of Wyze to restrict full motion recordings to SD. Huge disappointment and misleading advertisement of the product. I will not trust them anymore.

1 Like