What I need: PTZ CAM that is POE

I have clients that want to buy Outdoor security cameras that are a long way from the wifi network. Need outdoor cam that is real Ethernet and supports POE.
What makes Wyze attractive is that the database in here in the US and is (hopefully) not hacked by foreign players.
It also needs a decent mounting bracket.
If one searches for POE outdoor cams one will find a ton of Chinese offerings and virtually all the data goes back to China.
1080P HD. I think 4K is overkill. Need decent Infrared.
Price point on this is around $250-$300 US. Including Injector.

That isn’t any of the Wyze cameras. All are wifi.

I know that. I was a suggestion that they may work to create a new Wyze product.

That isn’t how it came across. You should post this as a wishlist item.

1 Like

You are aware of the distance limitation of Ethernet being approximately 328 feet?

1 Like

No, Ethernet good to about 1200 feet.

Sorry, let’s not get too picky here.

Not being picky. Just suggesting that if you want it considered you’re posting in the wrong place, but that’s up to you. Good luck.

A single run of Ethernet cable is designed to work at a maximum distance of 100 meters, or 328 feet. A length longer than this can result in issues such as dropped packets, reduced performance and loss of signal , particularly when using Cat5 cable due to being limited to 100 Mbps.

Guess again :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cat5 and Cat6 is 100 meters / 328 feet

Now if you use a Ethernet extender (VDSL) at each end for the haul you could get close to a mile over one pair of copper. The Ethernet extender converts standard Ethernet to VDSL then converts back to Ethernet at other end.

I have even seen Cat6 runs that could not carry data at 250 feet due to electrical noise in the environment. The 100 meter / 328 foot limit is under ideal conditions.

2 Likes

Well, I have run Ethernet outdoors @ 10-100mbs for well over 500 feet. Just works. Not interested in GB rates.

Meanwhile in the alternate universe my truck gets 50 mpg…

Downhill

2 Likes