We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

The metadata for the event (camera name/number, date/time) would be uploaded to wyze servers, but the video itself wouldn’t be. The video is what creates the cost for Wyze, not the metadata. My door and motion sensors are sending a trivial amount of data to Wyze servers so that the app can display history and notifications. I’m saying the cameras should work in a similar way.

That would work, right?

Sounds like a great offer!

That is it sounded like a great offer when I opened the Wyze app this morning and was greeted by the offer. So I followed the link in your popup and it took me to the Wyze website where there was no offer for any Cam Plus Lite. The only choices were for Cam Plus and Cam Plus Pro.

So, if this offer is real, how do I sign up for it???

1 Like

You can go here Opt into Cam Plus Lite.

I believe you will need to scroll to the bottom where you saw Cam Plus and Cam Plus Pro.

1 Like

You always could; this is mostly about person detection. But I agree with some of your post.

Sure, I never said they would have to upload the video. Still, it’s not the bytes, it’s the creation of a database and access system that currently doesn’t exist at all. Thus not trivial.

They really would have to overhaul the SD playback in order to get this to work.In it’s current incarnation, Even locally there is no way to see previews of the recorded events. They have them for the cloud version but not the SD card version. I Don’t think that they have to scan the SD card, just do what they’re doing now and instead of the video, just have an image which is stored on the cloud, and then use that time stamp to search locally.

1 Like

This is kind of their own doing because they haven’t done anything to improve SD playback since the beginning. It’s ridiculous to have them in two completed different parts of the app.

Great. Now on CamPlusLight with 4 cams (and paid!). I see AI detection enabled for all 4 cams, but no people are actually being detected even when standing directly in front of the cameras. Is there another place in the app I need to select person detection specifically?

Hello, I am new to Wyze, I just set up wyze can V3 camera’s for in my business, this is a bit confusing to me? At the moment the camera’s provide what I need as I am able to look back a few days if need be, my question will this feature discontinue?
TY

Yes, you will be able to increase your contribution at a later time if you choose to.

Do you have a multi-camera discount for Cam Plus? I have 3 cameras. 1 has Cam Plus, 1 has Cam Plus Lite and 1 has nothing. If so, how do I access it?

Everytime I try to toggle this on for a camera it immediately untoggles and the seup person detection button never lights up.

Will Wyze Cam v1 lose cloud storage of 12 second videos which I currently get for free?
How can I keep getting the 12 second cloud storage of video with the v1 cameras?

Writing “not supported” in your documents, does not tell a real world user what that actually means. We are not as knowledgeble in tech speak to understand it.

Is Wyze abandoning support for v1 cameras?
Will the Wyze app stop working with v1 cameras?
Will v1 cameras stop working?
If yes, will Wyze give us a discount to upgrade to current version cameras?

1 Like

You need to opt in to the CPL service before you can enable the service on your cams from the app. Log in the to Services website from a browser, go to My Account in upper right, click Add a Subscription, choose CPL, opt-in at whatever price you want and then go back to the Wyze app and assign CPL to your cams.

1 Like

We want to bring smart home technology to the masses. -Wyze (paraphrased)

Meet the masses.

If you’re invested in Wyze hardware it’s in your interest that they stay in business. To stay in business they must generate revenue. Aiming to generate revenue they solicit. And make bold business moves. And still try to please everyone (im-freakin-possible but they try) consistent with their founding principle (customer=friend.)

Acceptable?

And they encourage constructive critique of all kinds so absolutely carry on as will I. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m stuck on that when I try to sign up. I do have one Cam Pluse sub, I thought that I would be automatically subbed for free

if you subscribe to Cam Plus Lite, you wont lose the cloud storage as you have today. I will provide Person detection as well.

You can also put an SD Card in and set it for Continuous or Event Recording. Then it will stay on the SD Card until the card is full, then it starts over from the beginning.

Peep, that was a very verbose explanation of basic business practice. You continue to amaze me my friend. Your business acumen is commendable.

Yes, I have a firm grasp of the obvious. Like this genius, apparently… :wink:

Last I looked, ALL USERS meant all users?
V1 cam people are left out in the cold with this.
Don’t need to upgrade, since they are working fine as is right now, but, on Feb 15th they turn into doorstops since the promised free cloud storage isn’t a thing anymore.

Sure, could pay $40 for a new cam, but, I have zero confidence Wyze won’t do the same thing to the V3 cam or whatever, once they know they can’t make enough $ from users.

So, leave the V1 people alone from this terrible change, or offer them free upgrade cams.

1 Like

The V1 sends motion clips to the cloud servers, right? I never understood any technical reason why they couldn’t participate in all Wyze “AI” services - NONE of them rely on local intelligence.

Maybe you just opt in to CPL and see if you at least keep motion events?