We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

Same

Cam Plus Lite

Legacy cloud video storage and Person Detection for all eligible cameras.

Yes, but for how long? I bought into this system so I could keep building on it when I had the time and the funds. Now who knows when they’ll stop this “opt in” or when they’ll revoke it. Also, the whole opting in and naming your own price thing is undignified and humiliating because they will tell you what THEY think you should pay first and if you pick $0, they’ll try to guilt you into paying. To quote Ritchie from the Sopranos, “What’s already mine is not yours to give me”.

7 Likes

I paid $0 in their Legacy Person Detection trial (their “name-your-price experiment”) and they didn’t guilt me.

At all.

Have you seen the new one? After you pick zero, they ask if you’re sure and go on a thing about how cloud storage is expensive and if you’re sure you want to do it.

I’m with you. Yes cloud storage is expensive. But it was their model. The worst thing a company can do is break a contract with their customers. They should continue to support their legacy promises. If necessary, the expense should be paid out of operating funds. They have now shown that their promises aren’t worth much. Believe me, current and future customers will notice…

2 Likes

No, I haven’t seen the new one. I know I’m not susceptible to that stuff and if they had said it after telling me $0 was a valid option I would just brush it off and continue.

I take them at their word that the offer of $0 is genuine.

No Cam Plus Lite i can see on the page, just the cam plus stuff ??

I am staying in South Africa.
Can I join?

Do I need to opt my Cam Plus Cams into Cam Plus Lite in order to make them eligible to be used with Cam Plus Lite, should I opt to discontinue my Cam Plus in the future?

SJ

If you currently subscribe to Cam Plus you will be automatically opted in with a $0 price. In the future if you cancel Cam Plus you could just then turn on Cam Plus Lite and you would be able to leave the amount at $0 or change it to something else if you felt like contributing anything.

2 Likes

I subscribed to Cam Plus Lite.

On the Wyze app,

• I go to Account > Services > Cam Plus Lite (PD Legacy ) >
  • it ask, Which cameras would you like to enroll in Cam Plus Lite?
  • I click the toggle button for a camera and I get this prompt:

Whoops! Looks like you don’t have Cam Plus Lite.
Lock in helpful features such as Person Detection and 12s cloud video recordings on all your compatible cams.
Name your price at services.wyze.com
Close or Take Me There

My cam is V2
The firmware is up to date
The Wyze app is up to date

The account on my Wyze app is one email.
I logged into wyze.com with another email to subscribe to Cam Plus Lite.
Could that be why?

Edit: Yup, that was the issue. When subscribing to Cam Plus Lite, I needed to login using the same email on the Wyze app.

That is correct. But since you can opt in for $0, a one-time action will get you back to where you were. In fact, it will get you ahead of where you were because you will now have Person Detection.

1 Like

The size limitation for exFAT is 128PB. You’ll be fine with a 1TB card. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have always had the option of continuous local recording on the microSD card.
The 5 minute cooldown is between notifications. As you said, this limitation shouldn’t be necessary when not sending event clips to the cloud. As it is there is no notification for events recorded to SD.

3 Likes

I’m working on getting an update on this. Please follow this topic. Any new info will be posted there.

1 Like

I’m confused. I own 10 Wyze cameras. All of them have local storage and are set up to record events. As I scan through the Events in the mobile app it’s very clear that the cameras are only recording once every 5 minutes. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure if you are doing anything wrong. Can you attach a picture of your settings screen. Also, are you clicking on the View Playback on the main streaming screen? This is where you go to see the content on the card?

Here is a screen shot which shows 2 green spots, one containing the red line. The time between is about 2 minutes.

Screenshot_20220112-074808

1 Like

Seapup - Thanks for the clarification! I believe the problem for Wyze is too many users like me who don’t pay for any type of subscription. It cost Wyze to keep thousands of clips in the cloud that are often nothing but bugs, shadows, or moving branches. I need to decide if it’s better for Wyze if I just use cloud thumbnails in conjunction with my SD card storage or if I pay a bit for 12-second clips stored in the cloud. I don’t really need that but maybe Wyze needs it.

Wyze is not giving you anything, in fact they are taking away your ability to have 12 second events.
When a company claims they are giving you something, you should always look for their motivation.
In this case, Wyze is paying too much for cloud storage of events. They think they can reduce the number of events stored to the Amazon Servers if they only captured events with people in them.
So they give us person detection, and take away everything else.
I personally need full motion detection, regardless of what is moving. But primarily for my pets. I want to know what they are doing while I am at work. It is the only reason I bought these cameras.
Wyse is now taking that ability from me and I don’t seem to have a choice in the matter.

Dear Wyze, you are a deceptive company and my praises and referrals stop now! Shame on you! Some of my cameras had the Plus. But when they expire, I will not renew.
I am going to look for alternative camera options. Because the product I purchased will no longer exist after Feb 15th deadline.
The very least you could do, is include pet detection also.
And not pretend you are doing all of us a favor!

5 Likes