Waze Pro Router security certificate expired

I am trying to log into Wyze Pro Router via the web and after I reset the password I get a security certificate expired error. Firmware is up to date. It’s been working great for the past few days. I’m using chrome Version 113.0.5672.126

3 Likes

I have brought this up with the other mavens to see if we can reproduce the issue.

3 Likes

Getting a similar message from my Mesh router. Something wrong with the security chain.

4 Likes

Also note, the certificate isn’t expired just not trusted. Expiration is in 2024.

4 Likes

@mdnj6 Thanks for the report. Just check with the team and here are some feedbacks

• Please ask the user to accesses the local UI using wyzerouter.com this should eliminate the certificate warning.
  • Additionally, we will fix this URL redirect problem in the new firmware update.

After resetting UI login password on the APP, access local UI will be asked for changing password once and then redirected to the LAN IP 192.168.50.x instead of wyzerouter.com. Due to the SSL certificate being issued to *.wyzerouter.com, the web browser recognizes it as not trusted.

Here is the link of how to get in the local UI

3 Likes

That will probably work for most, but I have two sets of Mesh Routers, both in bridge mode serving different purposes. The URL wyzerouter.com never resolves. Not a big problem for me since I haven’t really had a need for the web interface, plus you can get around the issue on most browsers.

3 Likes

Got it. They are working on to resolve this issue on next firmware also.

1 Like

Mine never resolves either, I utilize the IP Address instead. Some don’t have any issues though.

1 Like

Not sure mine would ever resolve since I have two distinct mesh networks running Wyze routers. Also, they’re in bridge mode which makes them both on the same network.

1 Like