Viewing playback on outdoor cam

This is absolutely ridiculous. As far as I’m concerned this camera is useless. The person with the camera should be able to make the determination whether they want to use more battery or not. Not the company. It looks like to me these cameras have went backwards because they want you to pay for a service that you could previously get on your indoor cameras( like detect motion) And I loved the playback option. Shame on wyze. This is a giant huge 100 steps backwards. Will not buy another wise product until this is straightened out with some type of update

4 Likes

I am saddened to find the differences between an outdoor vs indoor/outdoor powered camera. If I supply power from a bulb adapter, would that enable the playback options when an SD card is installed?

No for a few reasons. There is no setting on the battery powered outdoor cam that would allow playback. Also there will be no video recordings on the SD card in the cam unless you are doing scheduled event recording, scheduled continuous recording or time lapse. If you have cam plus you can not back up video events to the SD in the base if you have one in there and even if you did there is no playback setting for the base either. Scheduled event recording will record to the SD in the camera, you can find the recordings in the cam album but you need to download them to view or take the SD out to view on card reader.

Is there any technical reason why these cameras are so retarded?

Pretty simple use-case, I put the camera in a place with nobody passing by, If someone show up I don’t want 12seconds, and couldn’t care less if a longer movement drains the battery within the next 10 minutes, I need that footage, in the cloud, in the cam or in the base.

1 Like

NO! You cannot use playback of captured video unless you PAY THEIR SUBSCRIPTION!

I have five Alro Pro 2 cameras and 4 Wyze Indoor wired cameras and I have been satisfied with all. BUT YOU GOT ME ON THIS ONE… THE WYZE OUTDOOR CAMERA DOES NOT ALLOW VIDEO PLAYBACK UNLESS YOU PAY A SUBSCRPITION FEE. I sure did not see that in BIG BOLD LETTERS on the advertisement. FEELS LIKE BAIT AND SWITCH TO ME! HUGELY DISAPPOINTED! Can’t decide whether to return it or BURN IT IN A BON FIRE ON YOUTUBE! I saw a Wyze Rep tell someone that the reason they removed the playback from SD Card feature was to make the battery last longer. BULLCRAP! BOLD FACED FABRICATION, since nobody cares about the battery life if you PAY THE SUBSCRIPTION FEE, which allows the playback function to work. PAY THEM and all of a sudden the battery life is not a consideration any longer. I VIEW THIS AS A DIRECT DECEPTION and frankly, A LIE since they said it was to extend battery life, but then allow you to use the video playback feature IF YOU PAY THEM A SUBSCRIPTION FEE! I have watched videos on the company, the mission and the STORY. I was impressed! I AM NO LONGER IMPRESSED! NO PLAYBACK FUNCTION MAKES USING THE WYZE OUTDOOR CAMERA USELESS AS A MOTION ACTIVATED SECURITY CAMERA… UNLESS YOU PAY THE FEE! Looking for a NEW Wireless Camera system that does not BAIT you into buying their product and then SWITCH you to being forced to pay a subscription if you want VIDEO PLAYBACK OF CAPTURED VIDEO. The entire reason for buying these cameras.

1 Like

They got me on this one… THE WYZE OUTDOOR CAMERA DOES NOT ALLOW VIDEO PLAYBACK UNLESS YOU PAY A SUBSCRPITION FEE.

I sure did not see that in BIG BOLD LETTERS on the advertisement. FEELS LIKE BAIT AND SWITCH TO ME!

HUGELY DISAPPOINTED!

Can’t decide whether to return it or BURN IT IN A BON FIRE ON YOUTUBE!

I saw a Wyze Rep tell someone that the reason they removed the playback from SD Card feature was to make the battery last longer.

BULLCRAP! BOLD FACED FABRICATION, since nobody cares about the battery life if you PAY THE SUBSCRIPTION FEE, which allows the playback function to work.

PAY THEM and all of a sudden the battery life is not a consideration any longer.

I VIEW THIS AS A DIRECT DECEPTION and frankly, A LIE since they said it was to extend battery life, but then allow you to use the video playback feature IF YOU PAY THEM A SUBSCRIPTION FEE!

I have watched videos on the company, the mission and the STORY. I was impressed! I AM NO LONGER IMPRESSED!

NO PLAYBACK FUNCTION MAKES USING THE WYZE OUTDOOR CAMERA USELESS AS A MOTION ACTIVATED SECURITY CAMERA… UNLESS YOU PAY THE FEE!

Looking for a NEW Wireless Camera system that does not BAIT you into buying their product and then SWITCH you to being forced to pay a subscription if you want VIDEO PLAYBACK OF CAPTURED VIDEO.

The entire reason for buying these cameras.

I play back 12 second cloud videos all day long on my 4 WCO for $0.00 FREE using Cam Plus Lite :rofl:

1 Like

RIDICULOUS MOVE ON WYZE PART. This is going to piss off a lot of people when they realize THE WYZE OUTDOOR CAMERA DOES NOT ALLOW VIDEO PLAYBACK UNLESS YOU PAY A SUBSCRPITION FEE.

I sure did not see that in BIG BOLD LETTERS on the advertisement. FEELS LIKE BAIT AND SWITCH TO ME!

HUGELY DISAPPOINTED! I have been a FAN of WYZE, the entire development story, the mission statement… I was impressed with the company and the product, but I am hugely disappointed in this manner of doing business.

Without the motion activated video capture and video playback… this camera for the purposes of a security or monitoring camera is USELESS without paying the Subscription fee. Yet, I never saw a SUBSCRIPTION FEE REQUIRED OR ELSE YOU GET A VIRTUALLY WORTHLESS CAMERA!

Can’t decide whether to return it or BURN IT IN A BON FIRE ON YOUTUBE!

They removed the playback from SD Card feature was to make the battery last longer.

BULLCRAP! BOLD FACED FABRICATION, since somehow MAGICALLY battery life is not an issue… if you PAY THE SUBSCRIPTION FEE, which allows the playback function to work.

PAY THEM and all of a sudden the battery life is not a consideration any longer.

I VIEW THIS AS A DIRECT DECEPTION and frankly, A LIE since they said it was to extend battery life, but then allow you to use the video playback feature IF YOU PAY THEM A SUBSCRIPTION FEE!

NO PLAYBACK FUNCTION MAKES USING THE WYZE OUTDOOR CAMERA USELESS AS A MOTION ACTIVATED SECURITY CAMERA… UNLESS YOU PAY THE FEE!

Looking for a NEW Wireless Camera system that does not BAIT you into buying their product and then SWITCH you to being forced to pay a subscription if you want VIDEO PLAYBACK OF CAPTURED VIDEO.

The entire reason for buying these cameras.

FAIL!!! Wyze Cam Outdoor Review - Unboxing, Features, Setup, Video Quality & Why I Don't Recommend It - YouTube

DOUBLE FAIL!!! Wyze Cam Outdoor - Travel Mode Setup, Time Lapse and Continuous Recording - No Motion Recording? - YouTube

2 Likes

Take a break and stop cluttering up the forum with this nonsense please. :astonished: :astonished:
Playback from a WCO, A nice tree blowing in the wind>

Or how about the garbage truck that just went by :upside_down_face:

1 Like

They def got me on this. I even got a solar panel to help with the battery.

Started using reolink and it’s not bad. Def higher cost than wyze but I don’t have to pay for subscription.

1 Like

What part of Free do you not understand? Give CP Lite a try, just type in the custom amount you want to pay as $0.00 :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The TWO OPTIONS on my camera are $1.99 a month or $19 a year PER CAMERA! Nothing gives me an option on the camera software to pay $0.

1 Like

You can Opt-in to Cam Plus Lite for $0.

Watch on YouTube

Login here.

Go to Cam Plus Lite.

Click on Custom Amount. Enter the amount you want, $0.

Click No on the Price suggestion popup.

Verify the current monthly amount is $0 or whatever you entered.

Click Save.

4 Likes

Agreed. I bought figuring it would work like my indoor cams. I don’t need the battery function. I just need to record when motion is detected and view play. Crazy. This camera as designed is effectively useless.

1 Like

Not to this guy he likes the WCO :rofl:

1 Like

Mine records when motion is detected and I even have it set up so that Alexa announces when someone is at my front door. I get a notification and can view who was at my door. Why do you say this is useless?

I hope you realize that it is a software issue.

The ability is there, if they can record to the cloud, they can record to a card and if you can read it from the cloud, you should be able to access and read it from the card also. I believe the big issue is access or the limited access that we have. There are many companies make cameras that you can view anything from anywhere as long as you’ve got an Internet connection.

Wyze is one of the few companies that I’ve seen that use the cloud for everything, and limit the ability of their users, to access the information on the card easily.

I realize that I can view the recorded events on an SD card from my phone if I set the WYZE Cam Outdoor up to record to the card.

Well I hope the wyze team make the information on this outdoors cams let’s deceiving and put the information clearly on the description of the cameras so you know what you’re buying. Because this cameras are practically worthless and here is why. Having a camera that has no do playback or there’s no sense events notifications or records everything without notifying events is basically a live feed that tells you nothing serves you of evidence of nothing has no practical use in 95% of the cases when cameras are needed, so a big disappointment and big market ing mistake. I truly believe that the white team needs to go back to the drawing board and rethink this cameras, they are already and will continue to backlash on the other good products they have like they did with me. I was buying all their products and hold them in high regards after I got these cameras, my perception changed I will never get one more product from them because as a good consumer I have no choice but to assume that all the products are like this that’s it

I have the same issue on the Android.