View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

! tried a couple of the emulators that allow you run Android on Windows 10. A number of the emulators seemed to need a “Virtual” switch in the BIOS which I don’t have. I did get one of the emulators to install and it didn’t need the BIOS switch. The eumulator that I got running is “MEMU Play”(free). It does need lots of RAM and I have 8Gbytes of RAM. My computer is older which is why I didn’t have the “Virtual” switch and so it is a little slow but not slow with the streaming video once it is setup. There are some problems with the rotate from Vertical to Horizontal but I can get it to work horizontally with 1 camera.

If Wyze just fixed the Vertical to Horizontal bugs to work with MEMU PLAY it would be great!

https://www.memuplay.com/

2020-09-23 14_41_06-|690x388

I’m with you. I’ve been very loyal Wyze Customer for 2 years now. I’ve got 5 cameras from Wyze and only 1 from Yi. While I do like the formfactor and the mobile app for Wyze, the ability to monitor my kids while working at home is a must! I cannot keep my phone running 24/7 nor do I want to use an emulator to view 1 camera at a time.
Yi allow me to group the cameras together on my PC to view. (and it’s cheaper) - I’m going to buy my next few cameras from Yi now as I’ve been waiting for this feature for over a year.

1 Like

Add me as another who very much wants to have a web/browser interface for Wyze cameras. Much like Arlo, Ring, Nest, even Eupy and Yi, the web interface is key to flexibility and additional functionality. It would also cause people like me who are on the fence to adapt to Wzye immediately. This is the missing link. So, please, pretty please, give us an idea on when. Or, be honest if it will not happen so I can move on to some other tech, even if at a higher cost. Thanks.

1 Like

Has anyone tried out the Samsung solution to running apps on windows 10? I know ideally it would be best to run native from windows and not need a phone nearby, but wondering how the experience is.

Amazon is adding even more support for viewing cams, still not a fix for the pc solution, but pretty cool none the less: "The latest software provides a new option to see your Ring or Alexa-ready video cameras on your TV through picture-in-picture — kind of like seeing a small window on your screen — while you’re watching movies or TV show. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/24/amazon-fire-tv-stick-fire-tv-stick-lite-announced-price-release-date.html

1 Like

Thanks, that sounds cool. But if it still takes 30 seconds to start the stream and times out after 10 minutes …

1 Like

That is true, I am hoping they improve that now that they are pushing it up as a feature :crossed_fingers:

my experience using the fire cube w/tv or show 8, im usually no more than 5-10 sec to load and not even sure about timeout, i usually turn it off before then, …however that could be something setup in the device like a sleep function that could be extended.

unless its the WCO, which takes longer since it has to wakeup.

1 Like

The biggest limitations to that are; you have to be using a Samsung device that was released within the last two years or so. It’s not an extensive list of devices.

1 Like

That is a very valid point, I was just trying to get around testing it myself (dont like adding things to my system unless i know they work) :nerd_face:

1 Like

Me too. Unfortunately I’m not waiting for Wyze. After 1+ year, 6 cameras and a few sensors, I’m going with an IP camera system. Just too many issues and no pc viewing solution.

1 Like

I’ve gone through a slew of different cameras from YI, wyze and some Chinese manufacturers. All had cell phone based apps, but only Yi had a PC app. The app is a little clunky but it is better that the NOTHING that is offered by Wyze, I have six YI cameras at my house. Front of the house in both left an right directions, inside the garage, front porch, living room, the second floor staircase. The cameras are conspicuous to deter sinister characters. And with a mouse click I can select any one of my cameras to check the front porch for deliveries, find out who just parked in my driveway, see if the trash cans have been emptied, check the front porch for UPS packages and look down the street to see if the mailman has arrived. All without leaving my office or switching to a different device . This is the convenience that I will not give up just to get a cheaper camera. Wyze just doesn’t get it or worse…really doesn’t care.

1 Like

Arlo has a really nice web portal

Nest has a web portal as well, Now there is a major cost difference….

1 Like

I don’t really want a web portal, I want to be able to view the cameras live on my PC without connecting to the internet – so over my network ideally. A web portal would be a bonus but not mandatory in my view.

2 Likes

What he said ^^^, that’s exactly what I want. Don’t need a portal.

1 Like

We need this ASAP. I’m glad to see you are at the researching stage, we need a ETA though. Once this feature is available, I would definitely consider getting more products…

1 Like

I would love WYZE to develop an app for Windows and Apple desktops. This way it would give another way to monitor and get notifications for our cameras that we purchased.

I absolutely agree. It’s my understanding that the cameras will still record without internet with the SD card set to 24/7. But you have to pull the SD card to view it even if your Wi-Fi is working great without the internet you got to do it old school.

I downloaded Bluestacks to view my WYZE cams on my Windows desktop. You log into the Google Play or Apple there and get the WYZE app.

1 Like

Hey… Thanks for the info… Yes I’ve had blue stacks on and off my computer a number of times it’s just too resource intensive, even though I have a newer machine. For me, I just took my phone up through DEX when I need to run apps that don’t have dedicated pc-based software. I know there’s a number of major vendors providing pc-based solutions especially in the security cam area. Hopefully Wyze will have something out in the near future.
My biggest issue is not being able to view cameras if the internet is down, even though Wi-Fi still connects fine locally. I know setting them to 24/7 continues saving to the SD card, but you have to take it out to view the videos.

1 Like