Video Doorbell ongoign problems - will not stay connected

Done. It’s log 667651.

2 Likes

Wow, definitely notice it’s connecting much faster than ever before. First time in more than 6 months we made it through an entire evening without having to reset the doorbell because it was stuck on step3. Fingers crossed it holds and this is the trick!

1 Like

Still have the same issues with 4.25.1.090. Sticks on 3/3.
Log 670921

Plus add an error 0 before it connects, and a few times connects to a black or frozen screen, 1/3 still hangs, same as 3/3. Motion detection better, but far from 100% fixed. Detection zone still doesn’t work correctly, but seems better. So, after 6 months pretty much same thing.
Log ID 671230 seems like waste time posting logs, but anyhow, here it is.

1 Like

I’m having great luck with this update. In the past it would only stay connected an hour or two, then get stuck on 3/3, I was resetting it 4-5 times a day. Since the update it’s holding, connecting fast, and hasn’t gotten stuck once! Not sure why it’s not working for others but thrilled it is for me. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Wyze Community Forum @gbare!

Have you posted your logs over onto the Wyze Wired Doorbell Firmware Beta Test 8/1/2022 thread where the devs are monitoring for 4.25.1.090 bug reporting?

The system is honestly garbage but I blame myself because you get what you pay for apparently. The nest system is light years ahead of the garbage that wyze puts out there. I have two doorbells and five cameras. The cameras spontaneously go offline regardless of the extenders I bought for the internet signal. But the real nightmare has been trying to get two simple doorbells to work at the same time. Once they hook up, after 24 hours or less one of the two doorbells goes completely offline. They switch back and forth over which one will fail. For a year it was the front door, now they’ve traded places and the back door only goes offline after 24 hours. I had to put temporary wire nuts just so I can unhook the damn thing to reboot it on a daily basis. It’s not my internet connection it’s not my voltage, it is a software issue for sure with this garbage system. When you try to get tech support they send you a bunch of yuppies working from home in their pajamas to advise you by reading a book the company is provided for them. I can get the same service outsourced from India…Anyway I won’t have it much longer. My advice is, if you’re looking for a little temporary security system on a low budget this product will definitely suit your need… But if you’re really concerned about security and your property, stay away from the garbage this company is selling.

3 Likes

I get the same issue, FAILED TO AUTHENTICATE, then I usually get error code 06,(FAILED TO FETCH).
I sure hope they get a fix for this.

They’re not going to fix it. This issue has been going on for over a year. Again you get what you pay for. I’m going to get rid of this system soon I will never buy anything from this garbage company again

1 Like

After running 4.125.090 beta firmware for a week I have observed the connection issue is between the hours of 7AM and 9PM eastern time. No problems connecting from 9PM to 7AM eastern. This is most likely not a firmware issue.

1 Like

Do you have your doorbell in Night Vision Auto mode? Do those hours coincide with the hours that the IRNV is inactive? Have you tested with the IRNV Off or On?

Thanks for your reply SlabSlayer.

IRNV was set to AUTO. I experimented with it this morning and I now can get the camera to connect if I toggle the IRNV setting between ON and OFF. The camera will connect and stay connected. But when I leave the camera and go back into home screen of the app and try to connect to the doorbell camera again it will fail. I have to go back into the settings for the doorbell camera and toggle IRNV between ON and OFF and it will immediately connect again.

My local sunrise and sunset are around 7AM and 9PM eastern time. Gets light outside around 7AM and pretty dark by 9PM. So maybe something going on with the IRNV ?

1 Like

@JRG, thanks for testing that.

Previous reports on the last PR FW we’re that setting the IRNV to On improved the load time lag.

I just had a suspicion that your load time lags might have also coincided with the IRNV auto switches.

The results you are presenting seem to indicate that there may indeed be a correlation between the IRNV mode switch and the load lags.

I suggest posting detailed descriptions of your tests and results, along with logs, over on the Beta thread for this FW.

I reported my findings on Beta thread.

I have also found that if I put a box over the camera to block out light it will connect with NV set to AUTO.

I have also found that if I set the camera NV to ON it will connect reliably. However, the video stream is black and white.

1 Like

I am not sure if this workaround below will improve the video doorbell ability to stay connected, but it does make it get unstuck and connected. Mine has not lost connection even once yet using this workaround to get connected:
In the meantime while we wait for a fix, here is the workaround that I found and let Wyze know about:
When your LIVE feed gets to “Step3: Getting video data” and gets stuck, press the gear to go to ‘settings’, select ‘Advanced Settings’, select Night Vision ‘On’ and then ‘Off’, then press the ‘<’ key to go back to LIVE feed and it will connect.
It took me a long time to find this workaround. I expect that it will work for everyone having this issue since it seems to unstick it by going thru night vision mode. Sorry, but if you use Night Vision, you will have to turn it back on. But, at least it is a reliable way to temporarily conquer this bug.
Your welcome. I hope it works for you too.

1 Like

Thank for the note, I will give it a try

This seems to work and reset the doorbell so it is viewable from the app. The doorbell looses connectivity at least 1x per week. This is my second one as the first one went unresponsive and Wyze support had to replace it.

Thanks - your workaround did the trick for me.

1 Like

Yes. You can go into settings when it’s stuck and turn on or off your night vision and it will load. Mine also has an error code 09 and won’t show video clips. Wyze has known about this for months and has not cared enough to fix it. In fact, even though they know the issue they will repeatedly blame your internet and router for the problem.Wyze customer service runs you through the wringer. My solution is; I cancelled wyze cam plus plan and ordered all new cameras from a different company. This has been the worst experience I’ve ever had with a purchase. Wyze has really gone down hill.

You have to switch nv each and every time to get it to load. That sounds reasonable, said nobody, ever. Or, just a thought, wyze could fix the damn problem they’ve known about for months. You know, like a real company does. Instead they run their customers through a wringer. Resetting, uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting, adding back, power cycling, sending logs, chatting, emailing, waiting for an hour on hold. Then they blame your internet, your router. It’s your fault for buying anything from us. I’m so done with wyze.