V3 router suggestions

I’m looking for suggestions for Routers that perform well with MANY devices in my home. My Netgear Nighthawk R6900p works well with many devices but tends to be sporatic with connections on my Cameras

This brand was recommended by a friend

[Tenda AC23 Smart WiFi Router - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless (up to 2033 Mbps) Internet Router for Home, 4X4 MU-MIMO Technology, Up to 1400 sq ft Coverage Parental Control Compatible with Alexa (AC2100)

(https://a.co/d/6Qrsd8K)

In addition to the 35+ Wyze products, there are also many WiFi devices, and a Hubitat Elevation ecosystem that controls my smart home.

3 Likes

These are the two I use with great success. Two different Price points both covering 6000sqft and holding at least 150-200 connectable devices.

This one I use primarily for IoT devices Where I have my home network split for IoT Home automation and All Else on the other router below (All my Wyze Devices are connected to this)

This one I have used to connect Wyze devices when a previous Router (prior to the above) was not a happy camper and had no issues with the V3s loading. But this one is for Streaming, Gaming, and Standard Computing.

3 Likes

This worked well for me

All my issues went away when I installed these.

6 Likes

Do you use the router just for your Wyze devices or do you also use it as your main router for all other devices ?

1 Like

I too now use the ASUS ZenWiFi AX6600 XT8. I have more than 120 IoT devices on my WiFi net.
It’s specs say it supports 200 devices and gives me some room to grow that I hope I don’t need now.

I had to move to something like this because my eero 6e would support only 75 devices per node and would not allow me to move devices to the other node. The eero 6e system which is cheaper is a very good system, but has its limits.

4 Likes

Rulwiz,
I use the Router for all devices including everything in the house. Last count 33.
My though is that I’m stretching it with my current router and that’s why my iPhone and iPad drop V3 device feeds randomly if I’m following my camera feeds on both of these simultaneously using my Wyze app.
If I use only one (iPhone or iPad) at a time I don’t get dropped feeds.

1 Like

I picked up the 1800 based on your past recommendations. However I ended up returning it as it didn’t have any possible bridge mode, which I ended up needing for my environment.

Most consumer grade routers in the $100 ball park support 32 devices only per node.

1 Like

Perhaps the best question here is how do they perform with Wyze devices. Personally, I have a SUPER router that performs so VERY well, but in the case of Wyze devices I do see reloads come up ocassionally. I usually think of that as a Wyze app failure, but if anyone has NEVER lost a connection with a Wyze device, then that definitely would be interesting! :slight_smile:

Newshound
Regarding your comment "in the case of Wyze devices I do see reloads come up. I usually think of that as a Wyze app failure, but if anyone has NEVER lost a connection with a Wyze device,

I need to stress that my issue is NOT that I have too many disconnects, it’s that when they happen, they almost always occur when I am viewing my cameras from 2 devices (iPhone and iPad) simultaneously.
If I’m only viewing on my iPhone or iPad alone there are very rare disconnects. However, when I open the other device and begin viewing my cameras on 2 devices I always begin to get frequent disconnects on each device.

Lets remember, Wyze cameras are cheap and in order to keep the price down Wyze needs to use cheap components. The WiFi radio at least in v3 cams is a low end, hence unstable connections.

Newshound,
Interesting take on the Wyze cheap components causing unstable connections

That’s reading a lot into what I said. I said I usually think of that as a Wyze app failure because I think it is intolerant to any delay in response from the camera. I hit ‘reload’, and it reloads. So I don’t think the camera isn’t performing.

Quote;
“Wyze cameras are cheap and in order to keep the price down Wyze needs to use cheap components. The WiFi radio at least in v3 cams is a low end, hence unstable connections.”

Ah – You attributed @habib’s comment to me. It was Habib that wrote that, not me. :slight_smile:

Gotcha!!

Just to throw my 2 cents back in, the Tenda router I recommend is $49.95 right now on Amazon.

Tenda AC23 Smart WiFi Router - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless (up to 2033 Mbps) Internet Router for Home, 4X4 MU-MIMO Technology, Up to 1400 sq ft Coverage Parental Control Compatible with Alexa (AC2100)

The skill level of the OP and their requirements will dictate how much they spend.

[Mod Note]: Added product link.

Thanks. The link was in post 2

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check it out…tlhutch4