V3 for bike cam?

I dont have one yet but Im wondering if the v3 could be used as a rearfacing cam on a bike sending the image to an iphone on the handlebars using wifi (maybe with iphone in hotspot mode?). Spitballing as have not found a decent product that serves this purpose.

The V3 does not run on batteries, so you’d have to have a way to power it.

Though you might be able to use the Wyze Outdoor cam in travel mode for this purpose, but I’m not sure what kind of delay (if any) exists when used in travel mode.

1 Like

I agree that a Wyze Cam Outdoor with travel mode would definitely be the best to try for this. The delay is about 1 to 3 seconds(more or less depending on connection).

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions. I will look closer at the outdoor cam.

1 Like

I think the delay would be too long and inconsistant to make it usable as a rear view camera.

2 Likes

Much agreed, especially if you’d want real time rear view for actual ride decision making. You might try something like the free open source Spydroid app running on an old Android phone, mounted to the rear and streaming directly to an app like VLC on your phone.

However using the Apple ecosystem might limit your abilities.

1 Like

You need a live view system that has the monitor directly hooked to the camera, like a vehicle would have. The WCO is not stable enough to be reliable. The streaming stalls often. The continuous recording is only sufficient for downloading afterwards for continuous viewing on a computer.

1 Like