V3 cameras to replace wired cameras

Did you say that above when I suggested you use 12v dc adapters. You wanted to run ac in an outside environment, and I explained to you things about amperage which you found out the hard way.

It’s also better to use just heavy gauge pair speaker wire vs bnc, you are not using the bnc for anything in the wires you suggested.

And where did you idea of the butt connectors come from? Forget the heatshrink, won’t last in weather. To be done properly you need a junction box to house the connection point.

1 Like

You misread. there is no A/C outside, and the heatshrink covered connectors are working fine. If I was running new, I would consider speaker wire, which should work fine. However my wiring is already in place from the previous cameras. I’m not going to install 10 junction boxes for 12v DC, but you can if you like. If you were to build this solution new, I’d agree speaker wire is the way to go, but nix any junction boxes.

5/11/22 and all of them still working well. I actually have a UPS on all of them as well now, so even if the power goes out, I still have internet, wifi, and cameras.

And yes, learning is fun. I learned the 5v adapter works fine up to about 10’. It would allow one to locate the adapter inside vs. outside, and clean up some wiring.