V2 Door Sensor installed inside of door top

I installed a sensor in the top of the door. Rule triggered smart plug to activate an alarm. Sensor held from dropping inside door my a strip of gallon jug plastic around sensor attached by thumb tacks. Ribbon around the sensor for easy removal Small magnet reset on top of the door frame.

6 Likes

THAT is a GREAT idea. If you have to mod the idea, you might consider simply using a regular long strip type magnet. Nuthin’ special about the magnets inside the plastic.

I like that idea of a sensor on the door. Now, I have to think of a reason why I need that, so I can try it too. LOL

I really look forward to everyone’s ideas on how to use this stuff. Its fun squared.

2 Likes

I agree, this is a great, out of the box, idea. Was wondering if you could show where the magnet was mounted?

1 Like

Used a button magnet countersunk into the frame.

3 Likes

You are too smart for me, sir… That’s very cool.

Go to Esty.com and do a search on IdeaXtruder. I think you will find some cool Wyze mounts.

2 Likes

Wow, Impressive. Would not have thought of that.

I like the fact that you can hide the sensor. I may look into that as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Recessed door sensors are common in the professional grade “Real” Security Systems, Great job on adapting the Wyze sensor to Recessed Door Transmitter.

I use these with my system:

1 Like

This is to me the bery vest part of this forum. The tricks, tips and ideas that everyone donates to the forum for the rest of us. There are some really smart Wyze users posting their stuff here.

I have two words to describe. Merely Wonderful.

3 Likes