Update on Beta camera firmware 4.9.6.59(v2) and 4.10.6.59(Pan)

I think getting what we’ve got now to run stable should be Job #1 right now. Chasing that dream of being all things to all people is a doomed proposition. Too many other startups have crash and burned following that Dogma.

@WyzeTao

Is there any ETA on when the Google Home will be able to display the cameras live without the 30 second delay? Last year your team wrote that it was being worked on, was wondering if you had any idea when that will happen? Even a guesstimate would be nice, a month, 6 months, a year?

Thanks!

1 Like

im running the beta and there is no ability to downgrade the cam v2 firmware in the firmware version section just says Your firmware is up to date

In the beta app where you see ‘Your firmware is up to date!’, look at the bottom of that screen. See the words, Have problem?, tap on it.

So my camera quit working and wouldn’t reboot, so I deleted it but can’t add it back again as it doesn’t work at all. So the camera is now useless. very disappointing

Did you try this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+reset+wyze+v2+to+factory+default

thank you for the update. I look forward to future progress on this.

Can someone post a screen shot? I am not seeing the option to revert firmware.

It disappeared in Android v2.10.72. It was there (yesterday) in v2.10.71.

Edit
I see what’s going on. v2.10.72 is the released version, not beta.

3 Likes

Hmm…, any way to go back to v2.10.71 then?

1 Like

not without sideloading…seeing as the latest app version is non-beta, there’s no option to revert firmware

@WyzeTao @UserCustomerGwen how can people downgrade firmware w/o the beta app available?

2 Likes

Having the same issue can’t revert with the newest app. Also it appears that notifications are broken in 4.6 as I get no motion notifications or video captures

1 Like

Gotta be magic…

Anyone notice cameras are pixelated and lots on audio noise since update?

1 Like

Yep, for some reason the update caused a lot of the cameras to default to 360 for resolution. Reset each camera to HD in live view, that usually fixes the issue.

1 Like

It’s already on max quality. Never changed.

You must have something else in play then. Mine were pixelated but as soon as I reset them they came back nice and clear.

My audio is fine as well. 7 V2’s and 1 Pan. All at least 6 months old to a year and a half.

What is your app version and firmware version. And are iOS or Android?

Play store reports current beta and app reports firmware up todate.

The quality has always been poor when viewing scenes with lots of detail and motion, which is anything with grass and trees.

Do you have saved videos to compare?

I am at the same version. Here is a screen shot and the most recent event video for you to compare with yours.