Turned off via App, still clicks

I have a V2 Cam, that is turned OFF via the App, it never did before, but as I said it id OFF VIA THE APP, it makes clicking sounds like the night vision is being turned one and off, but the room, is constant steady LIGHTS ON… PLEASE READ: The camera is functional, yturned off via the App, but still makes clicking sounds.

Hi @SEMDI,

I recommend using a smart plug to turn your camera’s power off/on. This will eliminate the clicking sounds coming from the camera. The app doesn’t actually turn the power completely off to the camera. Another not so convenient option is just unplug the camera.

3 Likes

It never did it before. It SHOULD NOT go through any mechanical steps or actions when “off”. I realize that it’s still connected to WiFi. So that I CAN be turned on and off when I want.

Another device to control a device that should work properly is not the answer.

It used to work fine. Just noticed this action in the last week.

I understand. If the camera is still under warranty, get in touch with Wyze support. The camera may be defective.

Call Customer Support (206) 339-9646 Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT or make a Support Request online.

4 Likes

You can also submit a log via the individual cam’s settings > Wyze Support > Submit a log > Camera Performance > . Explain the situation, then submit. Then they may have the info they need to correct the situation.

3 Likes