Tree cam down during the hurricane winds

I’m north of Charlotte, NC and we’ve had tons of rain and wind all day. A little while ago I decided to check the cams before going to bed. Then I saw a tree down in the front yard, right in front of the carport (where my neighbor/landlords park their car). Good thing it didn’t hit my truck!
I went back to see what happened and saw that it happened earlier in the evening and didn’t even realize it.

[Mod Note]: Re-encoded video for proper embedded viewing in web browsers.

5 Likes

Wow! That tree just couldn’t take anymore. I’m glad it fell the way it did and didn’t hit your other vehicle off to the right.

3 Likes

Firewood!
Hope everything else is OK.

3 Likes

Wow, cool you caught it on cam!

That poor camera is holding on for its life!

4 Likes

Yeah. I haven’t looked out back yet to see there was anymore damage. Last year a big double-growing cedar tree came down. Now, just a couple of big dead breaches are laying in front yard. That other car belongs to my neighbors, who are also my landlords. She parks it there. Oh well. I can’t complain because they’re good people.

2 Likes

Good idea. That was a nice crepe Myrtle. I don’t need the wood but they have a wood stove, so might. Too bad you can’t just dig a bigger hole and put it back in there.

1 Like

I know! It’s the only one in direct contact with the wind. It survived and all is calm now.

1 Like