They're baaaaaack. Now the whole family is here

This is scary. One coyote I could deal with. But now it’s a pack of 3 coyotes. My GF sometimes takes our small dogs out at this hour (5:30 a.m.) and she is partially blind.

This is right outside our door. The sidewalk you see is the path that leads to our front door about 10 feet away.

She would not see the coyotes until they have one of our dogs in their mouths. She could not fight off three of them.

3 Likes

Wow, that is scary. I hope they don’t keep coming back.

I really like your yard, it’s super cool looking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s actually a common area in a townhouse complex but the only people who ever walk through that area are people walking their dogs so it’s pretty private and basically “our” yard.

4 Likes

UDAP Pepper Power Bear Spray
Amazon

SABRE Frontiersman Bear Spray:
Amazon
Home Depot

Coyote Exclusions, Deterrents and Repellents

They’re having a family holiday gathering :christmas_tree:

1 Like

As long as my dogs don’t become their holiday feast… I’d still rather not even have them around though. Sucks having to get “battle-ready” at 5:30 in the morning just to take the dogs out. Every morning here is like a Rambo battle-preparation montage scene just to take the dogs out.

3 Likes

We do have pepper spray. I always carry some in my treat pouch when walking the dogs but never really thought I needed it just to take them out front for 2 minutes.

That has now changed. I’ve started taking a canister with me whenever I take them outside in the dark now even if it’s just for 2 minutes. Also carry a 3000 or 4000 lumen flashlight (Olight or Thrunite) with a strobe function.

1 Like