Thermostat wiring help on old Goodman AC

Need help. No circuit board and AC only set up.

The wyze should walk you through using the C adapter when you tell it you have a Y, R and G wire. Connect the labeled “Y” ribbon cable wire on the C adapter to the White wire that is currently in the wirenut marked Y and connect the Yellow wire that is currently in that wirenut to the “Y” terminal on the C adapter. Do not connect the W ribbon cable wire to anything, it is not needed. The thick green, red, and blue cables are equal to your G, R, and C terminals. There is a red wire already connected to the C wirenut, it should stay there, and you should just add the C ribbon cable wire to it.

1 Like

Thanks Speadie! here is a clearer photo of the unit. But I believe you were able to make out the others pretty good. Let me know if this changes your original opinion any! thanks again for the help

That’s what I would expect. The blue wire in my diagram is actually purple, but other than that it stays the same.

Turn off the power and wire up the C adapter as shown in my diagram, and take a picture of it if you’re not sure of something.

The red/white wire goes to your outdoor A/C- I left it off the diagram, but the red end stays on the purple (C) wire, and the white end goes to the C adapter’s Y ribbon cable wire. The yellow wire goes to the C adapter’s Y terminal block.

Thanks Speadie! I had hooked it up by your first instructions and was scared I may have done something wrong. Pull it back apart to verify and even with your clarification of your second instructions it was a hundred percent correct both times. Thanks again for your help

1 Like

Does this current wiring negate the ability to run “Fan Only mode”? I use wood heat in the Winter and sometimes just like to be able to circulate air when one room is more uncomfortable than the other. But I only have cool and off on mode for controls, while others talk about having Fan only mode.

You should be able to use fan only mode.
Do you not have a separate fan control slider?
When in the thermostat in the app, drag up from the bottom and you should see
State - Home/Away/Sleep
Mode - Cool/Off
Fan- Auto/On

To run just the fan, switch the fan toggle to ON while leaving the mode set to OFF

State and Mode I have. No Fan-Auto/On in that menu

| speadie
September 16 |

• | - |

You should be able to use fan only mode.
Do you not have a separate fan control slider?
When in the thermostat in the app, drag up from the bottom and you should see
State - Home/Away/Sleep
Mode - Cool/Off
Fan- Auto/On

To run just the fan, switch the fan toggle to ON while leaving the mode set to OFF

When you hooked up your thermostat, you told it that you had the following wires, correct?
R, G, Y.

yes tat is the correct colors. should I try to uninstall and reinstall the app and reset up thru the install process to rule out the error if I made one entering it?

You can try that.

If it still wont give you manual fan control, reset it and tell it you have the following wires: G, Y, R, W. It will likely complain that it cant find the W wire, but you can just skip this screen. It will have a heat option in the app that wont do anything, but at least you would have manual fan control. It seems weird that the app would remove manual fan control if there was no W wire, but it might just be a bug with the app.

you helped tremendously when I first set this up at the end of the year but I now have an issue. I noticed the Thermostat was offline which was no big issue as I strictly have AC with that system. However when memory finally decided to see why it was offline, the surprise was the thermostat is dead. No activity on screen? Verified both breakers to AC were powered on. Has there been issues with the C- adapters or head units? I maybe got a months use out of this so i find it strange to have stopped altogether. I verified no wires are loose and had good connection also. Any ideas? Thanks