Their grass looks greener 👀

I’m not sure how tolerant other companies are of comparison/promotion of competitors’ products/services on their community support forums, but Wyze has always been super tolerant, imo.

Sure, Wyze benefits by ‘owning’ the conversation on their platform - the ‘data’, I mean, the arguments and responses of current and potential customers.

Still, I’m guessing they stand out in terms of this ‘competitive tolerance.’ It’s always been admirable.

I like how Wyze describes it on their Reddit Rules:

Don’t just advertise for other products
Sometimes product comparison is important to a discussion and Wyze’s first priority is to get the needs of the user met. We know that our camera won’t be perfect for everyone so if someone has a problem feel free to make a recommendation! Just don’t post solely for the sake of advertising another product. That’s rude. :frowning:

So, the above recommendation is totally okay. On the other hand, trolling, self-promotion, etc are not allowed and will likely be flagged and removed as spam. It’s okay when it is relevant to the conversation and/or helps someone meet their needs.

Personally, I would rather have someone who is dissatisfied leave to be somewhere they are satisfied. Life is too short and negativity bleeds into almost every other aspect of your life. It’s not worth it. If something isn’t working for you, find something that does work better for you.

I think there are positives and negatives everywhere. I have cameras from at least 5 different companies now, and there are several good reasons why Wyze is and continues to be my primary choice despite having seen the differences of many competitors. But different priorities have better fits for different people depending on what’s most important to them and their use-case.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s good. Reasonable. :slight_smile:

I would agree with this, as well - with the proviso that an honest ambivalence is often received as dissatisfaction by those without it. Slack there is warranted as they weigh things in the :balance_scale: .

1 Like