The Future of Wyze is Coming Part 1

I did this to create the ability to ring a bell what an event occurs. Requires Alexa, Wyze Sensor or Contact and a Smart Plug.
Buy a cheap ringer bell and a cheap matching transformer.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01GSRLEFS/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_SwczEbJBP68RE

Wire the transformer to a cord you can plug in where desired. Wire the bell to the transformer. Plug thetransformer into the smart plug. Plug in the smart plug with attached transformer&bell where you want it. Be sure the plug is in OFF mode at this point or you will have lots of noise!
Create a routine on Alexa which turns on the plug when motion detected, like thus:

Now you have a loud noise whenever you want it when your event occurs.
////edit: just reread your post- Alexa can also tell you which named Device triggered the routine.

4 Likes

despite being logged in to my account AND to the forum, the roadmap link is dead or private. The same thing happens on my phone.

1 Like

If you have any Alexa devices, like a cheap Echo Dot, it’s as simple as enabling the Wyze skill and setting up Routines for Alexa to announce when a particular sensor is triggered.

You can have it announce verbally whatever you wish upon trigger. You can also choose from a good bit of different sounds.

So, assuming you set this up and have no issues with the integration or consistency (some seem to have trouble - especially on iOS), you just set the volumes you prefer that will be sufficient to wake you, and this would be the simplest, with most options way to go about it. One Echo Dot can announce from any and all sensor triggers.

I do like the idea of the alarm bell or siren that may also double to scare away an intruder. But, you won’t know what door is being opened unless you get pretty fancy with it, and ultimately it would be more costly with less functional ability. Just another perspective…

2 Likes

Thanks for so much information. I’ll look into Alexa

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out. I think somehow the link in that one post got corrupted (didn’t work for me either). I have edited the post and it seems to be working now.

Roadmap

However, if it doesn’t work, just the Community dropdown menu at the top and go to Roadmap from there.

3 Likes

They should create spot to enter the
Rime you wnt to find in the events instead of scrolling through to midnight then the app exiting when Trying to view the video then . Have to scroll through it all again

1 Like

how about a rain proof and 50 ft cable. so I can hide in the bushes

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

We were missing a stalker. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want a battery operated Pan to mount on my drone! Bzzzzzzz, Bzzzzzzz.

2 Likes

Aha, another stalker. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have 3 outside and out of the rain , so far they are working great!!! Over a year now !!

1 Like

I sure hope the current generation of products doesn’t get left behind!

1 Like

I just saw the outdoor cam blueprints online. Soon :wink:

1 Like

Saw this on Reddit: Wyze Outdoor Cam Nears Release

4 Likes

Same thing I saw ^^^^. Most exciting product update. Ever!

1 Like

It was also posted in the
Outdoor camera thread.

I am so excited. I got the Wyze Band today. My excitement is actually anger. Its impossible to get the holepunch band off of it so I can put the regular band on it. And the instructions that come with it are worthless. It does not appear to even resemble the method. Sucks, sucks sucks.

Its impossible to get the holepunch band off

@SamBamm See if this helps.

6 Likes

A carbon monoxide detector built into the camera would not work because those detectors have a limited life and most be replaced after so many years.

Yes improvements would include a speed control so we can quicly scan through a timeline.

My old Logitechs had that feature. I have replaced them by Wyze Cams and sorely miss that.

Also DARK MODE - PLEASE. MY EYES BURN AT NIGHT

1 Like