Switching account devices to different account? Possible?

I would like to transfer my 2 V2 cam’s to a different account as I no longer have access to the account I registered them with. I essentially have locked myself out of my account and cannot do a pword reset because I no longer have access to the email that I used, i switched IPS’s

Is it possible to switch my devises to a new account that I’ve set up with a new email address? I’m going away on vacation soon and would like to have access to my cams when away.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I have submitted a support request but I’m afraid their response might not be in time before I go away.

Thanks,
Rich

1 Like

Hello @richard_evans. Please see the following thread on Switching to different accounts.

Email address update not working

1 Like

Yes you can set up all your cams With a new account , You just have to do it The same way you did before as Brand new, Set up each Cam to the new account

2 Likes

@HDRock Thanks, Thats what I think I will do.

2 Likes

I would also love for this to be possible. Since I am the one taht normally does the set up and configuration of all the cams in my family ( I have set up over 50 cameras so far) and while some have been directly on their account, for large projects I prefer to have the acocunt on my phone to keep walking around while setting everything and to configure remotely. But now I am stuck because I can’t release my account to them and I was not aware transfering was not possible, nor that the recoridng review capability was gone if you were sharing a cam.

So I am voting +1 on this great idea.

For the sake of those searching for this topic.

This feature was added to the app in version 2.16.

Now you can change your email and not lose your subscriptions & services, or have to setup devices again.

Posted here too