Suspicion? unfounded or not?

Yeah, Hualai is one of their manufacturers/suppliers (not a parent company nor a subsidiary). You can actually get some good hints about what Wyze might offer soon by following what their suppliers are offering. I knew about the LED lightstrips several weeks before launch because I saw Hualai promoting it, and I told some guys that I bet Wyze was launching them soon.

Most of Wyze’s known suppliers are indeed based in China, which isn’t surprising given Wyze’s dedication to providing things at the lowest price possible. They also have suppliers from Malaysia and Vietnam. While parts of the firmware/SDK’s might be pre-developed, most of the firmware is customized by Wyze and they maintain control over the software/firmware/connectivity/access, so there is no reason to believe a place like the Chinese Govenment has access to anything any more than they would any other company one could choose.

I previously made a list of several other known Wyze suppliers (and which products we know they supply) for some of the other products Wyze offers. There are at least 12 from overseas that we know of (at least 12 that send shipments by ship)…though we don’t have known public records for their local business dealings. I could only find the records for overseas shipments. Here’s my post about all the known suppliers I could find for them if you want to see who else they use besides Hualai too:

2 Likes