China server

Can anyone explain why my cameras a connecting to a server in china. And ontop of it all it’s sending it unencrypted. Here is a screen shot https://photos.app.goo.gl/tz9VEanECjpzoJsn8. Here is nother using unusual ports https://photos.app.goo.gl/JC6tsjWDYtS59ysj6. This is bad right?

3 Likes

114.67.98.218 (Jingdong), I believe is the factory. But why the cameras need to connect there, I don’t know. This was asked in another thread. I haven’t seen any response as to why it needs to connect there.

35.165.29.2 is Amazon AWS. The others are US-based servers that likely host the cloud-based clips.

1 Like

Every month this same question gets asked. Search the forum.

Kinda worries me. I just seen something the other day about parts of the aws being level 3 blacklisted

1 Like

How and where did you find the information in your screenshots?

It’s been asked lots and answered lots…

OK, what’s the reason given for why the camera connects to the factory in Beijing? I must have missed that response from Wyze.

3 Likes

I know that I missed it. I’m fairly new here. So give us a link to this valuable information somebody please.

1 Like

The screen shot is from my Coolpad legacy I used an app called app snitch that I got from the play store

Here’s the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nasable.appsnitch

Since it’s unencrypted, you should be able to sniff exactly what it’s sending if you’re worried about it. But as others have said, Wyze has addressed this many times. See here, among other places.

Would anybody have a recomendation of a tool I could use to sniff out what data is being transmitted

I use this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antispycell.connmonitor

1 Like

Thanks for the information and app links guys. I guess that what it all boils down to is that as far as the connections for Wyze products go and if we want to use Wyze products then the WiFi connections that Wyze uses is beyond our control if we want to continue using our cameras. I’m not really WiFi saavy myself so I wouldn’t know how to block any of the unwanted connections if I wanted to.

2 Likes

I read that bit before about ThroughTek doing the streaming from Chinese servers. I can understand the choice since they probably cost less.

But 114.67.98.218 isn’t ThroughTek.

Edit - But also, ThroughTek might not know details about the user, it does know your IP. How else can it stream to your phone?

People get a clue… Wyse is owned and operated by Chinese people put here from communist china… They data mine constantly whether it be for data mining to sell products to spying to gathering passwords or access to ones homes… Think I am the paranoid bunker under the house guy try this speak out loud some repetitive words of say products you don’t use but may be interested and watch your ads or google ads or Facebook ads reflect those words… Trust me its hilarious how I will mention say like dog food “we don’t own a dog” and the next day we get ads for dog products or pet products… or mention vacuuming the house and we get all sorts of spam about vacuums… give it a try I kid you not. Wyse is communist country owned company and if you don’t think they are spying on us you are clueless and in denial. Read some of the stories of how the Chinese spy on our cell phones and via our US based server farms even Amazon and Apple servers can’t stop these Chinese from stealing everything that is not nailed down. The largest population of communist Chinese people and spies are buying up homes in the Silicon Valley one of the most expensive places to live and why? because they need to be at the source to spy more and more. You really think Silicon Valley is the only place to pay double for a home why are they not moving to Florida or Las Vegas its because they want the tech value of spying on high tech companies. Look up how a computer server building company was caught implanting chips with spy ware and key loggers right into the chipsets for servers that are used by the biggest companies in the valley. Who owned that computer server company Chinese. funny the original posters images from his link are now gone and disappeared,

2 Likes

Who is Wyse? :thinking: :crazy_face:

I just tried your test. I yelled “Man, I need a new v–c–m” into the air nobody in particular. I’ll keep you posted. (Censored the word so that I won’t get ads based on the fact that I’ve talked about it here.)

1 Like

So far, I’m seeing ads for New York Times and Volkswagen. When should I expect Or–ck and H–ver to hit me up? :joy:

1 Like

I’m making a point to complain loudly about my crappy v-c–m every 20 minutes or so. I’m dropping v-c–m name brands like crazy, too. Not going to any v-c–m-related webpages, of course. That would skew the results. Nothing so far. My Alexa, Google Home, and Wyze cams are all on. When should I expect the floodgates to open?

So far, it seems like I’m just yelling into the v-c–m of outer space…

2 Likes