Step 4 setup: 2.5 GHz WiFi found but will not connect

message says “5GHz WiFi not supported”

Unfortunately, I did not see the instruction to switch my phone to the 2.5 WiFi and setup is stuck on “5GHz WiFi not supported”.

Have uninstalled the app, turned phone off, cleared the cache, reinstalled WYZE and the message till appears and won’t let me go any further. Camera keep saying “Ready to connect” but doesn’t.

Frist, you have to have a 2.4 ghz, not 2.5.

1. OPEN THE APP, AND DELETE THE DEVICE.
  2. UNPLUG THE DEVICE, AND REMOVE THE SD CARD IF INSERTED.
  3. MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE WHICH THE APP IS ON IS SIGNED INTO YOUR 2.4 WIFI. YOU CAN CHANGE IT BACK AFTER SETTING UP THE CAM.
  4. NOW FOLLOW THE BASIC SET-UP FOR A NEW DEVICE.

IF THIS FAILS TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE, YOU MAY HAVE TO DO A “FACTORY RESET” (SEARCH FOR THAT) , AND START WITH RE-SETTING IT UP.

You may have both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands on the same wifi SSID (network name). That is the most common router setup. Normally that should work just fine, but occasionally there are problems. You should check your router and make sure 2.4GHz is not disabled. One solution is to modify your router’s settings so the two bands broadcast separate SSIDs. Another solution is sometimes just to wait a bit (up to 10 min) and the app will figure it out and connect. Otherwise…

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012166392-Camera-setup-failed
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010778452--Cannot-connect-to-local-network-error-during-setup

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011007211--Cannot-find-the-specified-network-name-error-during-setup

Here’s the connectivity troubleshooting guide:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012903431-Connectivity-issues

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support ticket, preferably from within the app while the bad camera is selected. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

1 Like

Of course I have 2.4 ghz not 2.5. I was tired and frustrated and made a typo.

There is no device to delete as far as I can see. Where would I find it in the app?

Have done steps 2,3 & 4 many times (except I have not inserted the SD card yet) and it doesn’t change.

Just did a factory reset after logging out, deleting the app from my phone, reinstalling the app and logging in. Still no change. “5GHz Wi-Fi is not supported”

Thanks for trying to help.

Do not have both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands on the same wifi SSID. 2.4 GHz is "NETGEAR", 5 GHz is "NETGEAR-5G"

2.4GHz is not disabled as the phone I am using is connected to it and the signal strength is "very strong".

Waited over10 min and the app will failed to connect. Camera just keeps saying "ready to connect…"

No error “Setup failed” or “sad” face.

Do not get to scanning QR code step as app cannot connect to wifi.

"file a support ticket, preferably from within the app while the bad camera is selected." How can the bad camera be selected when It never gets set up?

" You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog." You’ve gotta be kidding. I have a neighbor threatening to "smoke" us and there is a backlog? I say back to Amazon this camera goes.

Thanks.

Do you happen to have MAC access control enabled on your Netgear router?

If you are being threatened by a neighbor, that’s a job for the police, not WyzeCam.

1 Like

No. And it is set to “Allow all new devices to connect”.

Is there anything in the router log showing the camera trying to obtain an IP address? I guess what I’m trying figure out is if it gets the address, and then can’t talk to the Wyze servers, or does it never get an address?

Of course police have been contacted. We would not know he threatened us again without cameras. He is too chicken to do it to our faces. It is via the cameras that we catch his rants as we can only vaguely hear him yelling over there. The cameras we have (ARLO) only catch motion/sound so we don’t know what precipitated the rant or what happened after.

I was in a similar situation as you. I was stuck at step 4 and connected to 2.4ghz (I disabled 5ghz on the AP) but It would still say “5GHz WiFi not supported” and the next button would not work.

I resorted to downloading a previous APK of the Wyze app from APK MIrror - before the re-design - I then added my camera just fine and updated the Wyze app back to the latest version.

Hi, @acomputerwiz_nerd. Welcome to the community! Glad you found a solution and got it working. Good info and thanks for posting. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How much newer? I’m stuck in same mode? I have iPhone 8 & iPad Pro. Is that not new enough?.

Someone mentioned that the bottom of their qr code was cut off in a device.

I’ve seen that while setting up cams with her phone at her house. It’s because the font is set to large or something. But all I had to do was finger scroll the image up, and it was all there to be scanned.

I have my device font set pretty small so I’ve never run into that myself. Seems like it could be a wide spread issue for folks that have their fonts set big. Not Wyze fault, font size is set client side.

And not an issue, just scroll the QR code up and it works fine.

Yep, I don’t think everyone that has had that issue has realized it, causing a non scan issue.

Added to wish list:

Mine is doing the same thing only I cannot scroll it up!