Spotty connection and slow when connected

I have 2 Wyze cams. The one with the issue is about 6ft from the router. It was working fine and then one day it would not connect. I did the usual stuff, power cycle, etc. It was still having trouble connecting and when it would, it would be at extremely slow speeds and then eventually stop working and disconnect.

The other camera is on the 2nd floor about 100ft from the router and it works fine and has zero issues.

Any suggestions on what to try to get it back to normal? Thanks!

Sounds like something that needs to be reported to support to see if you can get a replacement @

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 Likes

what is the behavior the app is showing? is it hanging up on one of the 3 steps it shows when it connects by chance?

2 Likes

Did you try a factory reset ?

To perform a factory reset on your camera, follow the instructions below:

1. If using an SD card with the camera, remove it before proceeding.
  2. Leave the unit plugged in and power on.
  3. Press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the unit for 10 seconds for Wyze Cam V2 and Wyze Cam Pan units and 20 seconds for Wyze Cam V1 units
  4. Allow at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize. In some rare instances, this process can take up to 5 minutes.
  5. The LED on the back should move from Solid Yellow to Blinking Yellow.
  6. The device is now ready to be setup once again.
1 Like

Same thing happened to me. I have 5 cameras total, 3 cam v2 & 2 pan. They r all installed in various places. However, the closest one being approx 6ā€™ away behind a wall. Attached photos Iā€™m pointing at the router and the camera is right outside where Iā€™m pointing at the wall.

is not connecting. I switched out the camera and the new camera does exact the same thing. The original camera works 100% fine after swapped spot.