Sound detection horrible!

i just got a new wyze cam v2 and i have sound detection turned on. that thing has been sending me notifications constantly. i even turned sound detection sensitivity down to 5 and its still sending me notices and when i go to check there is no sound. how sensitive is this mic? i am going to try setting sensitivity to 1 and if it still sends me notices i will turn it off. very annoying especially when there is NO SOUND!

ok at level 1 sensitivity i got another alert with no sound. turning that thing off.

If you put your ear up to the speaker on your device you’ll probably hear a sound in that event clip that set off the camera to record.
The problem is there something wrong with sensitivity , I have had a camera setup to detect sound sensitivity set at 20% for over a year and it worked as it should until recently , now I have it turned down all the way and it detects every little sound, I even set up another new camera the same place to see if it was the camera itself but it must be a firmware problem’cause that one does exactly the same thing.
@UserCustomerGwen I think the team needs to look into this

Thank you both for letting me know! Could you please send in logs through Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue?

1 Like

Thanks Gwen
Ticket 401390
I know not many people use the sound detection but I have seen other people post this issue

1 Like

thanks i will do so

2 Likes

Come back and put your ticket number in here

I have a V2 that detects strange clunks and sounds daily in an unoccupied location. This cam also recorded a bright flaring light high up on an empty wall at night. I have a Pan cam on the opposite side of the room viewing the same area which detected none of these events. Both cams have Sound Detection set to max high.

@UserCustomerGwen Another person mentioning this problem.

1 Like

yup mine too! a loud clunk or pop or something thats triggering the sound detection. it might be coming from the camera itself since its so loud and close. nothing else around the camera that could make that sound

The two audio is not the best, but it is camera first…

then they should not offer sound detection. or hopefully over time with firmware updates it will get better. i guess sound recording is more important than sound detection as it will pick up every little sound that happens.

I think you misunderstand , this is not about the 2 way audio, it is about sound detection and the sensitivity setting for sound detection

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.

I just bought and installed one Pan and one V2 at a new vacant location. V2 records similar clunks, pops, taps, and other sounds like I mentioned above. Again, the Pan on the opposite side of the room records nothing. This is a unoccupied facility with nothing running.

i know what you meant, i wasn’t talking about the 2 way audio, this is about the sound detection.

1 Like

i think i figured out the popping sound that its making is the same as the sound it makes when you reboot/restart the camera. but its happening for no apparent reason while its on. so its sound detecting its own self

1 Like

Having the same problem here. I set the sound detection to 1, the lowest setting possible, and I had 36 sound detection events today. None of the sounds were loud. This feature is completely unusable as is. Are there any updates on this issue?

Yep , the problem still exists and I haven’t heard anything about any resolution

1 Like

do your camera detect itself making some popping sound? no idea why out of no where it makes a pop sound then it records it as a sound detection. annoying