Smoke and CO2 Alarm detection not working

Your smoke alarm needs to use the signal in the current version of NFPA 72, the US National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code. So you will probably need a US smoke detector less than a handful of years old. The alarm should be in direct earshot of the camera so the sound is not distorted or attenuated. You would need to play the signal for a few cycles so the camera can identify it.

When it alerts you it should NOT be in the form of a simple sound alert , it should identify it as a smoke or CO alarm.

I have never actually used simple sound alerts because they trigger on ANY sound – house creaking, whatever. So simple sound alerts are turned off for me in Event Recording > Sound. To get Fire alarms, sound is on under Notifications, though (and also under Alarm Settings, obviously). I also have sound detection sensitivity is also set to 100 under Detection Settings.

I just tested with 4 or 5 cycles in my hallway and I got an “Smoke alarm sound detected” alert from 2 cameras along with a couple of corresponding 12-second clips labeled “Smoke alarm sound”.

1 Like

Thanks. Was that with a V2 Wyzecam you got the alert?
I have Firstalert Z-combo alarms from last year, so the sound is compliant with the pattern required.
I did notice a peculiar behavior. While holding the alarm in front of my wyzepan, the other camera(a V2) did send a smoke alert, but not the pancam.
The V1 cams never work, and never did, that’s why I wound up with z-wave alarms on hubitat, and Halos on ST.

Yes, I have all V2 cams.