Smart Entry/Exit rule using Wyze Sense

Forum user @Cammo came up with a brilliant scenario that could theoretically enable the Wyze app to use some simple logic to determine whether a person is entering or exiting, using the combination of a contact sensor and a motion sensor.

If the user places a motion sensor pointed toward a closed door that has a contact sensor on it, it should be possible for the app to determine whether the person is entering or exiting. The internal logic is simply this:

• If the motion sensor begins detecting motion BEFORE the contact sensor opens and closes, that means a person is exiting.
  • If the motion sensor begins detecting motion AT THE SAME TIME or AFTER the contact sensor opens and closes, that means a person is entering.

It would be awesome to add this scenario to the rules. (Would probably require an explanation along with it, but it would be a super straightforward setup)

https://forums.wyze.com/t/record-only-on-apartment-entry-and-not-exit/63372

I’m not sure, but this may be possible with the conditional rule feature that’s currently in testing:

Nice. Is that already in the beta app? I’ll have to play around with it and see what’s possible

Since it says “testing” I would assume it’s in beta. But I have not looked at it myself.