Service Issue on 11/24 - Can not view live stream outside of local network

Na, I’m good , I will just hang loose , Big snow coming through tonight So I will be hunkered down Staying home next couple of days At least , Stack of firewood in the house I’m good

I started experiencing outside network connectivity issues (connectivity via home WiFi was fine) on my S7 Edge via VZW LTE. After upgrading via Wyze provided weblink, all cameras can now connect via LTE, as well as WiFi. I hope this issue finds a permanent resolution.

Thanks to the Wyze Team for working on this on a holiday weekend! Wyze’s dedication and service is 100%! :bowing_man:

1 Like

thanks to the wyze team for the firmware update , it solved the problems I had connecting remotely over cellular.

if you had a globally redundant setup before, why change it to limit it to north American dns servers? it sounds like a step backwards.
it’s not the like the US military is shopping for home consumer cameras to monitor their silos.

TL;DR - For some crazy reason, click the update button on the website for each camera THREE times with a 1 second delay between (delay can be longer as long as the button is clicked 3 times). Under Firefox, there will be some dialog pop up and disappear quickly. After the third click, each camera updated in less than a minute.

For some crazy reason, we had to click the upgrade button on the website 3 times to get the firmware to update. We started with our least critical camera. The button was clicked. Some dialog popped up and then quickly disappeared. We couldn’t read the dialog. The camera immediately went offline. We waited a very long while but it never came back online. We then clicked the upgrade button again on the website in hopes of capturing the dialog. We were not able to capture it so we hit the button again and the camera upgraded. This was confusing to us so we tried with each camera, one by one starting with the least priority camera. We tried different delays between upgrade button clicks. What we found that seemed to work was click upgrade, wait a second, click upgrade, wait a second, and then click upgrade. The camera then upgraded fine. We have absolutely no idea why this hokey pokey was necessary but it worked for the rest of the cameras. All are now up and running so far with no issues. ALL of these cameras are on the same router and network as the devices trying to access them. We have cameras off network and they have been exhibiting the same issues. We will update their firmware with the patch later today.

Background:
We were having the issue since 11/19 but it got really bad yesterday. Before, we could occasionally see live video from the cameras. As of yesterday, once a camera went offline for live view, they did not come back. Sometimes a restart of the camera worked, sometimes it didn’t. Regardless, it was only temporary. Alerts still functioned fine. Some of the cameras were on the same network and router while some were on a completely different network. It affected ALL cameras equally.

Update: Nope. We just had our first camera fail. It was the most critical view in our system too. That camera is now acting just as it did before the temporary fix. :unamused:

These cameras all show 4.9.2.56 firmware.

After the camera got an alert, it came back online for live view. This is the way they were behaving before yesterday and as of 11/19.

Yep, It is happening with all of our cameras. As far as I can tell, the light stays solid blue. I will investigate further today and tomorrow.

At least they eventually come back online for live view; especially if there is an alert.

Well now , this morning I am having trouble connecting to live view on my cameras With my Wi-Fi
My cameras have Always connected quickly first try On my Wi-Fi .
This morning Going back and forth 3 or 4 times before they will connect :thinking:
FYI , I haven’t done anything To try and fix Outside of local network problem , since that started yesterday

Will this temp fix still work if our camera firmware is higher than the one on that website. I was part of the beta before so my firmware on the cameras is higher. Will the update firmware work. I would like to know before I try. I don’t want to brick my cameras.

Thanks!

Mike.

So I think everything is back for now- Finally got to the page for the firmware updates, for some reason it was not working on Galaxy 8 phone, had to go to desktop using chrome. One of my 4 cameras totally died and had to use firmware update first by downloading the update to memory card and doing a hard reset. Camera was not allowing factory hard reset. These cameras have worked nice for a few months since I started with 1, then added another 3. Of course this all happed when I was out of town so that made it frustrating and tough to deal with since 1 camera had to be unmounted and removed from its case etc. Hope we are the way to full recovery, I have relied on these cameras and hope to get back to a reliable status. Thanks for the help.

I just set up a new camera (Pan) last night. All worked well at home but now I can’t connect while away. I’m disappointed to learn that this is a widespread issue with no clear resolution. I’m getting notifications, remotely updated to 4.10.1.41 via Chrome, restarted the device via Samsung Galaxy, but still can’t connect. If there’s more I can do, please provide direction. I hope this poor initial user experience can be improved.
Thanks

@avd520 Please see the temporary solution at this post:

I had done that prior to commenting- that’s how I got to 4.10.1.41 (from the 4.10.1.40 that it updated to out-of-box). Still, I can’t connect. I’m getting a message to try to power cycle the camera. Since I’m not home right now I can’t do that, but maybe that will do the trick.

@avd520 Are you able to do a “restart camera” from the settings page for the camera in the Wyze app? If so, try that.

Yes, I did that as well. A message appeared to say that the restart was successful, but it still doesn’t work. I just tried it again and got the same result- success message but no connection.

Well, I’ll be damned. Updated (or really reverted) to the earlier (more stable ?) firmware and all 15 cams now access from an outside network, including playback function…perfect !!
Good work, WyzeCam staff !!
Should we now refuse any new firmware update notices until this is permanently resolved ?

@jthoclc - do you have the Pan cams? If so, what firmware version is working for you?

Unfortunately, neither restarting the camera remotely nor a power cycle has worked for me- still no live stream. @UserCustomerGwen, what firmware version do you recommend for the Pan cam? Is there a way to downgrade to a version that will work?

Update: 11/26 8:25 PST - Provider updated the as issue resolved.

We received an update from our provider that they have identified the root cause and fixed the server issue on their side. You should NOT need to use our temporary solution anymore. If your device is not working, you need to either power cycle your camera or go to Camera Settings → Restart Device. We would like to verify from our customers that the solution works now before we say the issue is resolved. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s working for me again now. Thanks!

Me too. Thank you guys. Can wait to get hold of 'em black cams.