Service Advisory: Monitoring tab not working for Wyze Home Monitoring 9/18/23

9/18/23 7:19 PM PT - While most of our metrics are recovered, we are still waiting for AWS to finish their changes and pronounce the issue resolved. If you continue to have difficulty with one of more of your devices, please try power cycling them (removing the power and plugging them back in). In many cases, that will help restore connection. We know that this has taken a while and appreciate your patience.

9/18/23 5:03 PM PT - We’re still not fully recovered for Monitoring tab access for Wyze Home Monitoring customers nor the IoT connections. Our success rates are higher than they had been earlier and AWS is still working on the problems. We’ll update you again later.

9/18/23 4:10 PM PT - We are seeing Wyze Home Monitoring access to the Monitoring tab being mostly recovered. We’re continuing to work on the IoT connectivity with AWS. Thank you for your attention.

9/18/23 3:04 PM PT - While Wyze Home Monitoring access to the Monitoring tab has not yet fully recovered, we are seeing improvement in our IoT metrics and AWS has confirmed that they’re seeing some recovery from their side as well. We’re continuing to watch the progress and will post again when we have news.

9/18/23 2:20 PM PT - AWS is now experiencing an IoT (Internet of Things) outage that is impacting us for tasks like changing settings, uploading videos, receiving notifications, and providing AI tags. We are working to minimize the difficulty our customers experience while AWS works to resolve this problem. We’ll continue to share information with you as we progress.

9/18/23 1:14 PM PT - We have partially recovered the Monitoring tab performance for Wyze Home Monitoring customers though you may continue to experience higher latency than usual. We are continuing to work on this problem with AWS and will provide updates as the situation changes.

9/18/23 12:47 PM PT - The root cause of this problem is an AWS outage. We are taking steps to mitigate the problem while AWS works to resolve things from their end. We’ll keep you posted as we progress. Thank you for your patience.

9/18/23 11:50 AM PT - We are looking into the cause of the Monitoring tab in the Wyze app not loading for Wyze Home Monitoring. Cam Protect appears to be functioning as expected. We apologize for the inconvenience. While we work to resolve this, the Wyze Sense Keypad can be used to disarm the system or cancel alarms.

You can read our updates here or on our Service Status page:

7 Likes

This anomaly must just have happened in the past 4 hours, as monitoring was working between 11am-noon EDT for me. I see that it in fact IS NOT working now at 3:39pm EDT!!

2 Likes

9/18/23 12:47 PM PT - The root cause of this problem is an AWS outage. We are taking steps to mitigate the problem while AWS works to resolve things from their end. We’ll keep you posted as we progress. Thank you for your patience.

3 Likes

9/18/23 1:14 PM PT - We have partially recovered the Monitoring tab performance for Wyze Home Monitoring customers though you may continue to experience higher latency than usual. We are continuing to work on this problem with AWS and will provide updates as the situation changes.

2 Likes

HMS has been up and stable with speedy response time for the past 15 minutes here in the Mid-Atlantic.

2 Likes

9/18/23 2:20 PM PT - AWS is now experiencing an IoT (Internet of Things) outage that is impacting us for tasks like changing settings, uploading videos, receiving notifications, and providing AI tags. We are working to minimize the difficulty our customers experience while AWS works to resolve this problem. We’ll continue to share information with you as we progress.

2 Likes

Same here. Frustrating. When I tap on Monitoring, after waiting about 30 seconds, the app displays “Reload”. Then, tapping on Reload, after about 10 seconds, the screen is empty, and about 60 - 80 seconds later, the screen shows “Loading”.

I’m using Pixel 7 Pro.

Yes, I can view my live cam, feeds, etc. but I cannot manually turn my wise plugs on or set timers on them.

Looks like there is also spillover into other systems besides the HMS. I just have multiple devices offline, every plug blinking blue offline, vacuum blinking.

But, waiting it out did the trick. Devices are all recovering back online.

2 Likes

I need to check here first before resetting cameras, door sensors, etc.

1 Like

Please don’t reset anything. :pray:

1 Like

I have several door sensors (V1) offline, I even replaced the battery in one, I should have come here first.
Oh well, I’ll figure it out later after the AWS problems subside.

2 Likes

9/18/23 3:04 PM PT - While Wyze Home Monitoring access to the Monitoring tab has not yet fully recovered, we are seeing improvement in our IoT metrics and AWS has confirmed that they’re seeing some recovery from their side as well. We’re continuing to watch the progress and will post again when we have news.

3 Likes

I have been having similar issues with my Ooma account (VOIP home phone). I just Googled it, and lo and behold, it appears that they use AWS to some extent. According to my research, “AWS CloudWatch and Ooma integrations couldn’t be easier with the Tray Platform’s robust AWS CloudWatch and Ooma connectors, which can connect to any service without the need for separate integration tools.”

Misery loves company…

1 Like

9/18/23 4:10 PM PT - We are seeing Wyze Home Monitoring access to the Monitoring tab being mostly recovered. We’re continuing to work on the IoT connectivity with AWS. Thank you for your attention.

1 Like

Oof. Sorry to hear that you’re getting hit by this twice! :frowning:

I know that we are not fully recovered, but is there any reason why a V1 Motion Sensor fires off rules (like turns on a Wyze bulb) from a V2 camera when a V1 door sensor on the same camera does not trigger the “OPEN” signal in the app?
UPDATE:
The door sensors are working this a.m.!
Weird how the V1 motion sensors started working a LOT quicker than the V1 door sensors after the AWS outage.

Everything Wyze appears to be back to normal here including HMS. Any update from Amazon?

1 Like

Lots of services use AWS now, so I keep this link bookmarked!
https://health.aws.amazon.com/health/status

3 Likes