SD card for outdoor camera

Should I get an SD card for the OUTDOOR camera or the Base Station?
I’m a little confused here.
Is there benefits over putting it in one and not the other?
Thanks

1 Like

Get one for both

What is the micro SD card slot on the camera for?
The micro SD card slot on the camera is meant for the time lapse and scheduled recording features.
This is meant to save videos that you intend to shoot with the camera such as a specific task continuously recorded over a couple of hours or monitoring a remote area without WiFi.
This is not meant for constant continuous recording like with Wyze Cam v2.
What is the micro SD card slot on the base station for?
The micro SD card slot on the base station is meant for a backup of the 12-second Event Videos.
This is a good feature to use if you are concerned about the camera becoming lost, stolen, or damaged where it is mounted.

Continuously recording to a micro SD card like Wyze Cam v2 will make the battery life extremely short.
Because of this, we did not build this feature and Wyze Cam v2 is still the best option for this use case.
However, we did build a “Scheduled Recording” feature where you can schedule specific times for the camera to continuously record to its local micro SD card
or record when PIR is triggered though this will reduce battery life.

4 Likes

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Hello. I installed the SD card in the base (not the camera) to back up 12 second videos. How do I read / test that they are in fact recording to this SD card? I purchased the SD card from Wyze and it did not come with an adapter for my laptop.
Thank you.
AnnR