SD card - approx. number of days of video storage

You should be able to do the math from the MB used per minute of HD video and SD Video from the linked posts below.

SD about 3 MB \ 1 minute MP4

HD about 5.5 MB \ 1 minute MP4

From my own experience on the V3Pro, each 1 minute MP4 recorded in 2K was between 14 and 17 MB, but I haven’t checked it since the original shipped firmware. They may have introduced some additional compression. The reason I say that is because with the numbers above, HD V3 record time should be 3 times the length of the 2K V3Pro, but that is not what I am experiencing. :point_down: :thinking:

Also, cards will not full to the full capacity of the card and the card capacity is not calculated the same way by the manufacturer and Wyze.

When I was using 32MB cards I was getting about 3.5 days in HD and 7 days in SD.

I have switched to 256GB cards and only record in HD on V3 @ about 21 or 22 days Hx. My V3Pro in 2K on a 256GB gets (oddly) 18 days Hx. (Going to have to pull the card and check the file size again… May also have to check that it didn’t start recording in HD without me knowing it. Suspect that might be the case)

EDIT: Based on @carverofchoice’s great point about Color vs IRNV :point_down:, which I never even considered. All my cams are set to Auto. So Color day, IRNV night.

3 Likes