Rule to trigger doorbell recording

For a week now my front doorbell cam will catch every car and waving leaf but no people. I have had several people ring the doorbell and stand right in front of it and still nothing. But the second they walk away it will record a swaying branch and call it a vehicle. I also have a v3 cam in the same area that seems to catch every person reliably so I guess the best solution is to set a rule so that when the v3 cam detects a person the doorbell cam starts a recording. ( I have c+ on all cams) but I don’t see an option to do this. I see an option that whenever the v3 cam detects a person it turns on motion detection on the doorbell cam but I don’t think that’s what I want . Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @homegrownbuddy!

The V3 cams have an action within Rules to “Upload a short Video to the Cloud”. Unfortunately, due to the limitations of the VDBv1 Doorbell, it does not have this Action capability. It cannot be triggered by any other device to start recording video to the cloud. It can only record to the cloud on motion activation. The rule actions below are all you have to choose from.

The doorbell cam is being activated by ANY motion. That motion, however, is NOT always what is being tagged as AI. If there is anything within the frame, moving or not, that possibly resembles the shape of the AI you have selected to record (like person or vehicle), it will tag that video but it won’t tell you which object is the one that earned the tag.

The V3 AI respects the Detection Zone. In my experience the VDBv1 does not. While motion activations can be restricted by the DZ, when the video records, anything in the full frame can be tagged if it “looks” like an AI object.

My VDBv1 is my least accurate cam. I too have a V3 backing up the field of view. Mine is more for button press alerts only.

Some things you can do to improve it:

1. Make sure your firmware is up to date.
  2. Use the DZ to restrict the Activation area.
  3. Adjust the sensitivity as high as you can stand it.
  4. Turn off notifications for “Detects Any Other Motion”.

Hope this helps!