RTSP and CAM PLUS

I see a firmware upgrade is necessary for CAM PLUS. Will I still be able to stream video using rtsp if I decide to do this? If not, any chance this could be included in a future firmware release?

If you upgrade the firmware the RTSP will no longer work. It is an either or option, RTSP or CamPlus. I could be wrong about this but I doubt they have plans to add CamPlus to the RTSP firmware.

I figured that would likely be the case. I really need the RTSP on the camera I would have liked to add CAM PLUS on. For now I won’t be upgrading. Thanks.

I agree. I have one camera that I have to monitor real time and I do so using RTSP and Security Spy on my computer. It is very convenient to just have a window displaying the camera view while I work on my computer. It would really help to have Cam Plus as an option for this camera.
I have Cam Plus on two other cameras that I don’t have to monitor as closely.
Having to grab my phone to see what is going on is not optimal for me, since I pretty much live on my computer and with multiple monitors, I have plenty of space to have windows for viewing camera views.
To whoever is reading this for Wyze, please consider upgrading your basic software to include RTSP and be able to share all the updates that you provide.

1 Like

I found out that you can get Cam Plus working with RTSP. You just need to activate the Cam Plus with standard firmware, and afterwards flash your camera with the latest RTSP firmware. I’ve done it and now have both working on my V2.

3 Likes

I’ve tried have a cell phone set up with the Wyze app displaying a single camera, but it seems that this uses enough power that my phone’s charger is not able to keep up with it and during the day, the battery level continues to drop. As such, it’s not really an acceptable solution for me unless I shutdown the app occasionally during the day to allow the phone charger time to top off the battery…

Although RTSP support might be an ideal solution, just having an IP address and port number that you could access via a web browser would help a bit…

Hey Jason, I have only just discovered this. Is there any way to roll back the firmware to get RTSP back?

The only way to put RTSP back on it is to manually flash in the RTSP firmware into the cam in question

1 Like

Thanks, all done and working with RTSP now. :slight_smile:

Hi
So, has anyone tried jetstreamblue procedure?
Does it work?

Thank you!

(One thing is to “just” activate CP in a RTSP flashed camera which is totally possible, but another is that the features Person, Pet Package, etc., actually work)

I don’t have CamPlus anymore but when I did the only way to make it coexist with RTSP was to configure all the Plus settings then flash RTSP.

1 Like

It works!
1-Assigned CamPlus to “unassigned”
2-Reverted to original, last update, non RTSP firmware “demo_4.9.8.1002”
3-Assigned back CamPlus to “MyParkingSpot” cam
4-Configured all settings that take my fancy CamPlus-wise.
5-Reflashed the cam with “WYZE CAN V2 RTSP 4.28.4.49”
6-Voila! It works. Recordings, Notifications…and still RTSP broadcasting to IPCams.app in my (tiles) iPads!

Note: The “Smart Detection” list gets reduced after going back to the RTSP firmware, but as far as I get Vehicle, Person and Package I’m very happy!

Cheers!

1 Like