Rolling back Wyze app on iOS

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Yeah, different mindsets!

I canā€™t tell if Gordon is dissembling, mistaken, or just unclear. He purported that anybody could easily install an .IPA file if, for example, Wyze allowed a download of it.

Iā€™m beginning to think the proper admonition is to take iOS advice ONLY from Android users. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s over a month and @gordonmeyer has yet to explain how a provided .IPA file will allow an Apple user to do ANYTHING. It is really distasteful to see blatant misinformation presented with an air of superiority.

Apparently through extraordinary means - Testflight plus a Wyze (non-existent?) IOS beta program - it is theoretically possible for an iOS user to run something different from the App Store offering. But itā€™s not gonna happen. The assertion that older apps are ā€œeasily installedā€ (in any other way but from a previous backup) was and is still just nonsense. Just came across yet another confirmation:

https://www.wired.com/story/install-apps-outside-app-store-sideload

Here is another article, since you canā€™t use iTunes after v12.7:
https://www.imobie.com/iphone-manager/install-ipa-file-on-iphone-without-itunes.htm

Sorry, Iā€™m confused. The article mentions Cydia. Does this assume a jailbroken phone? Or was my assertion wrong and an average iPhone user can in fact install 3rd party .IPA files?

My original message is correct: you need your .ipa or assistance from Wyze. Sorry youā€™ve led yourself down so many blind alleys.

So a regular iOS user without his or her own backup is completely unable to do anything. He or she canā€™t take an .IPA file from Wyze and do anything with it. There are no app stores or repositories for phones that are not jailbroken. Your original message was a fabrication. You continue to misrepresent the truth.

Correct.

In the dim and distant past of maybe five years ago, I recall being able to find the .IPA files on a Windows PC, and save them off, and even reinstall them using iTunes on the same device they originally came from. But today, I tried it with iTunes 12.6.3.6 and was unable to duplicate. Perhaps the iOS version of the iDevice also comes into play? Or, of course, maybe I messed up a stepā€¦

I would REALLY like a working solution to this because the older iOS app worked better for me than the latest and I still have it one one device, and have to be very careful to not update itā€¦ (I do not have any current Macs or TimeMachine, etc at the moment)

1 Like

Getting closer!

Finally found a old Win10 box that still boots up and has iTunes 12.6.3.6 and will show the apps in iTunes and has a huge collection of IPA files in multiple versions.

Naturally the system is several years pre-Wyze, and has no room left on the hard drive to do any backup testing yet, but I will begin experiments as soon as have the timeā€¦

1 Like

Spare iPad still running V2.8.20. Hums along great and nice big event thumbnails. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Related, with a solutionā€¦