Restrict Pan Motion

Does anyone know if there is a way to restrict the panning on the Wyze Cam Pan? I have mine set outside under the eaves of my house however when it rotates all the way to the left or all the way to the right all I get is vision of the house and not much else, so kind of pointless. Being able to restrict the panning would be ideal. I know I can set way points, but that’s not what I need, at least I don’t think so anyway. I don’t need the camera to auto Pan based on the way points, I just want to stop it panning beyond 220 ish degrees. Image attached shows the very left Pan as an example.

1 Like

Is there a specific area you’re wanting to watch because you can set up an area and have it just stay on that area and watch that particular area if you’re wanting it to pan back-and-forth I think you’re going to have to go with waypoints. Is there a particular reason you don’t want to use waypoints? I have for set up and I really like them because they focus on specific areas that my dogs not supposed to be so that then I can monitor that she’s not there.

The area I want the camera to see needs the camera to pan still. If I understand it correctly, setting up way points will force the camera to pan automatically based on the way points and the time i.e. every 5 seconds or more. I don’t want it to automatically pan, only when it detects motion and only in a smaller field of view. But thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

You may be interested in this topic, Direction/Motion Limits For Wyze Cam Pan Tracking. :slight_smile:

1 Like