Reset camera after it goes offline.

Plug outlets are useless because they go offline as well.

Plug outlets are useless because often when my four wyze cams go offline, the plugs are offline as well. Never complaint in the past but now I am just getting tired of resetting or unplugging and plugging them especially two of my cams are outdoor. I’ve been resetting my router and they still don’t go online, like I did just few minutes ago. Funny thing about all these, sometimes some of the cameras will just go online without me doing anything. So I’d just like to understand what’s wrong if any with my cameras. Meantime all my cams are still offline.

I have only 3 wyze cameras. It 's a rare event for me and only one is disconnected. Since am not at home to unplug I just changed the channel in my wifi AP and now is connected. Why dont you try that before unplugging or buying wifi smart plugs. I dont want to waste my power plugs on such inexpensive cameras.

1 Like

Theoretically wonderful. But but Double trouble… Be careful. Some case, smart plug goes offline like cameras do and this case where smart Plug goes off line, camera will go out as well even if it was working.

The problem is between the WiFi device and the camera. My cam gets its signal from a WiFi extender because of distance from router. I power off the extender using SonOff. Cam works afterwards.
None of my other devices have an offline problem.

1 Like

I am surprised this problem has not been fixed by Wyze or let the community know what they have found. @Wyze Support
As I remember it from October, my problem was that devices would offline and hang the system or stop reporting and send no warning to me and never recover. I think it was a WiFi problem since the camera and sensors were in the garage together. I can understand that the WiFi signal to the camera could go away but I would expect the system to recover and I would expect to get a warning it has happened.

Summary: I can’t use or recommend these sensors because I can’t count on them to not fail and recover, and I get no warning that it’s happened and I never see Wyze responding to the problem with a fix or work-around. I would have thought a FW upgrade would be able to fix the problem.

1 Like

I will send the feedback from both of you to the team. Thanks for posting!

Is there any way to detect that a cam has gone offline, other than manually checking the app? 2 of mine were down for a few days before I realized they weren’t working.

1 Like

I don’t think.
The Nest cam will sent me a notice when it is down because it using google hard drive.
The only thing you can do add a rule to restart the cam.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @gcamera. No, not at this time. However, you may be interested in this Wishlist topic.

1 Like

I own 6 wyze cams, 2 work, 4 home. At work, one of the cams is solid, the other keeps going off. They are approx 5 feet apart on the same network. Have tried many things, no dice. One camera keeps going offline, the other works fine.
Sure would like to have this fixed!
Rick

Have you submitted a support request to Wyze?

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log. This method will allow you to send an app log for diagnosis as well as report your issue. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and will not generate a support request.)

Thanks much I was having trouble figuring out how to send log.
I have submitted the log and issue.
Thanks again!
Rick

1 Like

You’re welcome! Glad to help :slight_smile: