Recovery times

The cooldown period is part of the free event model included with the free cloud storage. If you opt to buy the CMC option at 1.50 or so per camera per month that removes the cool down period so you get all events. And the camera will record for the duration of the event not just the 12 seconds.

But there is no relationship between person detection and CMC. So when Wyze releases their new person detection it will most likely also be independent of CMC. Have to wait see I think. Of course you can always use SD cards as you have done. As far as I know that option will remain as is.

2 Likes

Unlike some I must have the crap cameras. I own 10, all have sd cards and set to record continuously. Well 3 that are OUTSIDE work fine, Five that are inside my business dont record continuously. When I try to check it says there are no sd cards. I have done everything that Wyze has told me to do but still not working right. The other 2 I have stopped using because or the problems. I thought these would work good when the Maxdrive came out and it again like other things it never happened. I also have Ring, Arlo and Nest. These cameras do what they say they will and I never have problems with them.

I also n.v have to say that their door lock sounded good but like the cameras I believed the hype. It works about 75% of the time. I again have done what I was told to fix the issues but no help. Locks like you DO get what you pay for and I will be paying more from now on and get products that at least can be depended on to work as advertised and expected.

1 Like

Introduced with a reason app update; when you get a notification and look at the 12 sec video, there are now two new shortcuts: 1) to “Livestream” (word says it all, bring up the camera live), and 2) to “Playback” which brings you to the corresponding event stored on the SD card.
Personally, I think these two (tiny) changes to the app have been amazing.

9 Likes

I think this guy is asking for too much. Im satified with the camera. The person should of read the specs for the cameta before buying and notice the cool down period.

1 Like

You’ve got to do a lot of digging to find that info especially if you don’t know that you should be looking for it.

1 Like

for the record- I too- have a crazy neighbor who rents out to crack/meth/heroin addicts that destroy my lawn/lighting/property an a regular basis- my WYZE cams capture EVERYTHING- the trick is to have cameras watching cameras-so even when 1 camera is in the cool down mode another camera is catching it- plus- you get the view from different angles- all my cams do have SD cards in them- but - I just download the footage from the timeline- and/or upload/share to my twitter/google/youtube for safe keeping- those vids make it to the police department & to court… which I might add has helped me PROVE what they are doing- but obviously- it does not stop them from being idiots- but they do now know they are being filmed…

3 Likes

That is the key, I have cameras that are easily stolen but they are covered by cameras that are not so easily stolen. I will get a picture of them some how.

3 Likes

and invest in a gun! 911 response times are way slower than a 9mm! The camera is great for the judge and cops when they arrive to get the facts AFTER the incident occurs! Trust me, they’ll never (seldom if ever) arrive in time to save your life! Only you can and are responsible for that and your own safety!

7 Likes

And invest in some training, not only in how to safely operate it when needed, but safe storage, and the laws of your state regarding deadly force in self defense. There are MANY misconceptions about what one can lawfully do. I am an instructor in SC and I have heard many students say stuff they think is correct, but it isn’t.

5 Likes

Put in an SD card, once your camera detects motion it’ll send the 12 second clip to the cloud and notify you, but the camera will keep recording to the sd card as long as it detects motion. I’ve gotten several 12 sec clips but go back and look at the replay and have a 10 minute video…
Btw I put 32gb cards in mine and after 2 weeks there is a ton of video and only has used about 3gb… So no real danger of it overwriting the video before you see it

4 Likes

My $30 camera is better than the $100 one. I bought.

3 Likes

Who would ever feel secure living across from a crack addict?

1 Like

It’s interesting the price people put on their safety, or the value they put on their business…

1 Like

I actually had a similar concern with these. When I contacted the support at Wyze, their response was “this is not a security camera. it is a “life style” camera.” ha ha, so what the heck is a “life style” camera? They are clearly in the security business or they would not be selling door sensors. And even if you were to pay for the cloud storage, your push notifications are still going to have a delay, depending on the speed of your internet connection. so, it is what it is… if you really want a security camera then I suggest you purchase a closed DVR system, with IP cameras. Oh, and not security camera is going to save you in the event someone crack head breaks in your door. Get a gun!

1 Like

I have two suggestions:

1. Invest more than $20 in your security camera or
  2. Move out of your high crime neighborhood.
2 Likes

You get full monitoring with a $15 SD card. Not that hard to figure out. Plus, their charge for the cloud is very cheap. I see no problem.

3 Likes

Agree with kjay , Pay the little extra for continous coverage and use 2 or 3 cameras per scean. if your living under siege with crazy neighbors. i use 5 cams and each partially covers the rest. so if tour Wyze Cam is in reset mode the other another Cams captures the crime.

2 Likes

I am surprised at the acrimony expressed in some of these comments. You bought a $20 camera that does a whole lot, and into which you can insert a cheap micro-SD card which continuously records so you can see whatever event you want to see. If this isn’t satisfactory to you, then perhaps you need to invest in a $1,000 security system (which would be cheap by most standards).

3 Likes

I don’t have a problem with the “cool down” period between cloud transmissions because I have SD cards in all of my cameras. However, watching long stretches of video stored on the card would be easier if there were a fast motion view option or a “jump ahead” feature (say 12 seconds). With 12 second “hops” I could fly over those stretches looking for “events” of interest.

4 Likes

I agree that wading back through the recorded video is a bit cumbersome when looking for specific events. Once again, this is not a camera problem, but most likely could be improved in the software.

2 Likes