Recovery times

these 4-5 (and even sometimes 6) minuet recovery times between the cam detecting motion, are ridiculous. this renders all of my wyze cam absolutely useless for any kind of security. i have a situation where by my next-door neighbor is a chronic alcoholic and crack addict. if a leaf blows by just b4 this psychopath is going to do whatever he wants to my house and property, he has a full 5 minuets to destroy my house, kick my door in, and stab me to death, whatever he wants. how is this a security cam??..you have to stay up and physically watch these cam monitors all day/night long. because thats the only way you can record a crime in progress. and yea yea, i know you can record longer motion triggers. FOR MORE MONEY. so basically this cam is useless junk unless you pay a fee to make it do what every other cam for sale on amazon does for free (after purchase). i say wyze cam owes this community FREE full motion recordings. since they no longer even have PIR or human recognition. im quite sure that when they do work their little problem out with that supplier (who dumped them) or any other provider, WE will be paying for it monthly.

do yourselves a favor and buy a 50-100 dollar camera. you really get what you pay for when u spent 25 dollars

7 Likes

You are in complete control of how this works out for you. [Mod Edit]

My choice is to use an SD card plugged into the camera. You can choose continuous recording or I would recommend event recording to serve your purposes.

Cheap SD card proven to work with WYZE cameras

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

6 Likes

Wyze advertises its cameras as “smart cameras”. [Mod Edit]

1 Like

Wyze has not said that these are security cameras.

6 Likes

I would be interested in a camera that has free unlimited server storage.
Can you show me an example?

10 Likes

Me too! Free cloud storage! That would be very cool sign me up! Has he said who offers this? Apparently everyone except Wyze. But my Arlo’s don’t, and my Nest Cameras don’t, and my Amazon cameras don’t, and my Ring cameras don’t. Dang who can it be? If he tells you pass it on!

7 Likes

A $100 or even $1000 camera will not stop a psychopath from kicking your door down and and doing whatever they want to you.

Perhaps do yourself a favour and put an SD card ($10?) in your wyze cam, buy the wyze sense kit ($20), point the PIR sensor at your neighbor and put a contact sensor on your door. You will get a motion notification and cloud video with a recovery time of 40 seconds and another notification almost instantly the moment he breaches your door.

Seriously though if you neighbor is as crazy and violent as you say…$18 a year for continous motion capture is a hot deal…

8 Likes

[Mod Edit], alexa calls their stuff “safe home”

[Mod Edit: Post edited to conform with Wyze Community Guidelines]

1 Like

and other misleading things to make you feel secure, and then you sell junk

With a micro SD card in all of my cameras, I am completely UNAFFECTED by any “5 minute cool down” period. Anytime I want to, I can roll back the cameras to a specific date & time and watch whatever takes place in front of my cameras. How does a camera prevent any person with ill intent from damaging your property? All it does is record it on camera. With an SD card in each camera YOU STILL HAVE ALL THAT FOOTAGE. I have very few worries about someone breaking into my home while someone is home. It would turn out worse for the burglar than for the occupants. We keep doors & windows securely locked/deadbolted even while home, and everyone is “trained and equipped” to stop a threat.

6 Likes

What does Alexa (or Amazon) have to do with what Wyze calls their products? Amazon is a reseller not the manufacturer. They can and do call things whatever they want, it does not mean it is correct.

1 Like

It seems as though the Community Guidelines may not have been followed recently on this topic.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-community-guidelines/6796

In this situation, the moderators’ instructions are to temporarily close the comments and to call in a Wyze employee. The Wyze employee may open comments again after they have a chance to review this thread.

4 Likes

This post is being re-opened. However, there have been some edits made to comments here and a couple of people have been contacted privately.

Please keep our Wyze Community Guidelines in mind if you decide to continue this discussion.

Thanks!

5 Likes

I believe Amazon refers to “Smart Home” not “safe home”.

Would recording to an SD card help or is it the lack of notifications during the cool down period that is the problem?
People here are willing to help if you want it.

3 Likes

[Mod Edit]
If someone has your life in mind and trying to kill you, you should already have a full-fledged monitored security system.

1 Like

Wyze doesn’t owe a thing beyond what they offered when you bought the camera.

And, by the way, I hope [there is] a 50-100 dollar camera that comes with unlimited “free” recording to a company-provider cloud.

1 Like

Did you read what I was responding to? :blush:

1 Like

I understand the frustration, my biggest gripe is the detection notifications aren’t separated by motion and person. I have both my cameras to only send notification when there is a person detected, one camera pointed at the driveway and one pointed to my back yard.

But the way they have it configured is not ideal. If somebody pulls in my driveway and walks to my door, the camera will not notify me because the vehicle set off the detection, I won’t get a person detected alert unless they sit in their car for 5 minutes before getting out. I have to check the events tab multiple times a day to see if anybody went to the door.

In the middle of the night, a car could drive by and their headlights would set off the motion detection but if 3 minutes later, someone broke into my car, it wouldn’t detect a person.

I have sd cards in the cameras but it could be handled better on their end. Here’s hoping their own person detection is smarter :crossed_fingers:

1 Like